jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Things We Should Be Thankful for That We Take for Granted

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

There are many things that we take for granted in our everyday lives, and we should take the time out of our day to appreciate the little things that we have in life. In this month of November when we are getting ready to celebrate thanksgiving, let’s be thankful for what we have.

Some simple things that we should stop and appreciate are:

• You are alive
  • You can see
  • You can hear
  • You can feel
  • You can smell
  • You can taste
  • You can walk
  • You can talk
  • You have access to clean water
  • You have access to food
  • The clothes you have
  • Your education
  • You have friends
  • You have talents
  • You have a family who cares about you
  • Jesus loves you

There are so many things to be thankful for. We have so many things to look forward to in our lives currently and in the future. There are things ahead that we can only dream of. We do not know what will happen in the future, but we can appreciate what we have in the present. There are so many simple things in life that make us happier and can make our day better.

Some things to be thankful for are:

• Music
  • Cozy blankets
  • Coffee
  • Puppies
  • Rainy days
  • Warm hugs
  • Family gatherings
  • Sweaters
  • Childhood memories
  • Family vacation memories

We get too caught up and stressed on making thanksgiving dinner and making sure everything is perfect and rushing to get dinner on the table in time. We want everything to be perfect for our friends and family. Instead of stressing out over the details, we should appreciate the fact that we are able to have food on our tables and family to share it with.

Remember what thanksgiving is really about and be thankful for the things that you have been blessed with and what God has given you. Do not focus and stress about what you do not have.

There are so many people in this world who do not have the same things that we do, some people do not have clean drinking water, or do not get to eat for days. We take these things for granted and do not even realize that there are people who are less fortunate than we are. We can help others by helping out and donating food to a food bank, spending time with the elderly in a nursing home, or bringing food to families in the ICU. These are all examples of people in need of food and friendship.

Instead of stressing about the holidays we should be thankful for what we have been given and who we get to spend our time with. No matter how hard life is, and no matter what situations we are put in, we will always get through it. Time will always keep moving forward.         Do not focus on the negative things, because that will only stress you out even more, instead focus on the positive, and what is going well. When life gets you down and you feel like you can’t keep going, just keep in mind that God has a plan for your life and he will not give up on you. You have a purpose. Be thankful for what you have today in this moment, because you have been blessed.

Images:

https://www.google.com/search?safe=active&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS722US722&biw=1…

I am a Junior and an English with an Emphasis in Professional Writing major with a minor in Business at Grand Canyon University. I write to inspire and spread positivity to others. I love spending my time in coffee shops, writing and drinking coffee. Im just a simple girl trying to figure out life, give my best advice and share my experiences along the way.