Style > Fashion

Taylor Swift Eras Tour Outfit Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Taylor Swift has just started her first tour since 2018 called “The Eras Tour”. Her shows are featuring songs from all of her albums from Fearless to Midnights, and Swifties are getting to hear all the classics while also enjoying songs from albums like Lover, Folklore, Evermore, and Midnights that have not been performed live. Fans have also taken it upon themselves to pick an album or Taylor Swift era to dress up as. Each era and album has its own particular aesthetic, and all are very unique and different from each other. Here is an Eras Tour outfit guide that will help you pick out the best outfit and era to dress as for the tour!

taylor swift (Debut)

Debut is Taylor’s first album, and it is full of sweet heartfelt country music. The album feels like running through a flower field in a pretty sun dress and cowboy boots. Dressing as this era would be perfect if you love old Taylor Swift music and are into the country aesthetic.

Screen Shot 2023 04 01 at 4.23.54 PM Princess Polly Stargazing Mini Dress Blue Floral

Screen Shot 2023 04 01 at 4.19.46 PM Steve Madden Hayward White Leather Cowboy Boots

To finish off Debut Taylor’s look, you have to curl your hair to recreate her iconic ringlets in the Debut album cover. Add some simple gold jewelry to complete the outfit!

Fearless (Taylor’s version)

Taylor’s Fearless era still gives off country vibes but is a little more elegant. She dresses in mostly gold, champange, and cream colors with lots of sparkles and fringe. This era resembles the fun country side of the Debut era with a little more elegance.

Screen Shot 2023 04 01 at 4.30.38 PM Princess Polly Spotlight Mini Dress Champagne

Screen Shot 2023 04 01 at 4.37.03 PM Altar’d State Calvin Cowboy Boots

This look follows the same vibe as Debut by adding a more elegant flair to the dress and some fun sparkly cowboy boots to give this outfit more of a Fearless look. This outfit would pair well with curled hair and some fun sparkly gold eyeshadow.

speak now

In Taylor’s Speak Now era, she transitions her music into a little more of a country-pop sound. This era is very much surrounded around the color purple like the dress that she wore on the Speak Now album cover.

Screen Shot 2023 04 01 at 4.45.30 PM Lucy in the Sky Paola Glitter Long Sleeve Dress

Screen Shot 2023 04 01 at 4.48.10 PM Madden Girl While Women’s Boots

c5064250b95b0b98f32c62d211327386

During Taylor’s Speak Now era, she would write her lucky number 13 on the back of her hand for every performance. Fans have taken it upon themsleves to write a 13 on their hand as well when attending her concerts. Writing a 13 on your hand would be a perfect addition to the Speak Now era outfit.

red (Taylor’s version)

Red, Taylor Swift’s 4th album, marked an entirely new era in her career. Her music still sounded country, but the way she dressed during this era was very different. It was a lot more relaxed; we saw more graphic t-shirts, jeans, shorts, and her iconic red lips. This era gives fall vibes with the warm red colors and relaxed outfits and layers.

Screen Shot 2023 04 01 at 4.54.47 PM PacSun Hazel Fitted Scoop Neck

Screen Shot 2023 04 01 at 4.54.01 PM Cider Stitching Wide Leg Trousers

Screen Shot 2023 04 01 at 4.55.54 PM Red Taylor Swift Cardigan

if you were lucky enough to get the Red Taylor Swift cardigan, this would be a perfect addition to this outfit. This look would also be cute styled with Converse or even a pair of Doc Martens.

1989

1989 is when Taylor completed shifted gears and entered the pop realm with her music. She was no longer creating music in the country genre and had exited her country era altogether. 1989 is an album that sounds like New York City in the summer. Her outfits during this era were very sparkly and brightly colored.

Screen Shot 2023 04 01 at 5.13.28 PM Amazon V-Neck Cami Top

Screen Shot 2023 04 01 at 5.12.10 PM Amazon Shiny Metallic Skater Skirt

Taylor is known for wearing bright-colored skater skirts and sequined crop tops during this era. She was also very into two-piece outfits as well. To finish off this look, add a sparkly shoe and some sparkles on your face!

reputation

Reputation was a big turning point for Taylor Swift. At this time she was getting a lot of hate and backlash, and this era was her return after a long disappearance from the public eye. Reputation was her comeback album to show people that she was not going to let lies dictate her career. The aesthetic of this album is full of black outfits, snakes, and sequins.

Screen Shot 2023 04 05 at 4.56.06 PM Nasty Gal Sequin Wide Leg Pants

Screen Shot 2023 04 05 at 4.57.31 PM Etsy Snake Chocker Necklace

This look would be perfect paired with a slick back ponytail or bun and some gold stud earrings. The snake in this outfit adds a perfect touch of Reputation vibes and will complete the whole look!

lover

For being the next album in Taylor’s discography, Lover contrasts so much with Reputation in the colors and the way she dresses. Lover is full of bright fun colors, hearts, sequins, and positive energy.

Screen Shot 2023 04 05 at 5.21.27 PM Lucy In the Sky A-line Dress

Screen Shot 2023 04 05 at 5.22.06 PM Dolls Kill Game of Love Platform Boots

This outfit gives off the most perfect Lover era vibes, especially with the hearts on the shoes!

Folklore and evermore

Folklore and Evermore are sister albums, and they both have similar aesthetics. These albums are unlike anything Taylor has ever released as they both fall more into the folk genre than pop or country. Folklore gives off a forest fairy aesthetic while Evermore gives flannels, woods, and winter vibes. Both albums were released during the COVID pandemic, and these albums have made a lot more people fall in love with Taylor’s music and become a fan.

Screen Shot 2023 04 05 at 8.06.00 PM Tilly’s Solid Tier Slip Dress

Screen Shot 2023 04 05 at 8.07.11 PM Folklore Taylor Swift cardigan

If you were lucky enough to get the Folklore cardigan, then this outfit would be perfect. Pairing this with some black sheer tights and having your hair in a messy bun would be a great addition to the look as well.

Midnights

Last but not least, we have Midnights: Taylor’s newest album. According to Taylor, this album is full of songs and scenarios that have kept her up at night. A lot of the promotional videos and photoshoots for this album had a very 70’s vibe to them, but many Swifties have used the title of the album as inspiration for their Eras tour outfits. You could wear something with the color dark blue with lots of stars, playing on the name of the album and the vibes of the songs.

Screen Shot 2023 04 05 at 8.16.46 PM Cider Star Cropped Cami Top

Screen Shot 2023 04 05 at 8.19.59 PM Cider Satin Lace Trim Mini Skirt

Overall, Taylor has so many amazing eras that have their own individual aesthetic and tell the story of Taylor’s life throughout the years. Pick whatever era speaks to you the most and that you feel most comfortable in!

Audrey Guy is a student at GCU majoring in Business Marketing and Advertising. When she is not in class or writing HerCampus articles you can find her in the gym while listening to Emma Chamberlains podcast, Rewatching Gilmore Girls, drinking a Chai Latte, or listening to Taylor Swift. Audrey loves writing about lifestyle, fashion, music, beauty, and more!