Tarah Shuman 2020

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Tarah Shuman is currently a freshman at Grand Canyon University. She is studying Elementary Education. Tarah wants to teach third grade. She chose to be a teacher because she loves children and she wants to make an impact on the next generation of students. Tarah not only wants to teach curriculum to her future students but she also wants to teach life lessons to them. Tarah is one of the kindest people I have ever met. She has such a bubbly personality, her smile is contagious, and she is a great listener. 

On February 11, 2017 Tarah will be marrying the love of her life Gennis. Tarah is getting married at a young age but she would not have it any other way. The two of them met in Alabama. Tarah and Gennis went to the same high school. Unfortunately, Tarah had moved away from Alabama. The couple reconnected later on through Facebook. They had a long distance relationship for over a year. Gennis is currently working on going into the air force. The two of them could not wait any longer so Tarah’s mother was kind enough to help plan their whole wedding so her daughter and future saw in law could finally be together forever.

Tarah is secretly a neat freak, everything always needs to be cleaned. She will have panic attacks if things are too messy for her liking. She loves dark chocolate and fruit when she has a snack craving. The only music Tarah can jam out to is 90’s or early 2000’s music. She loves to read book currently however she does not have much time to read since she is busy with class and wedding planning! Her favorite book is Children of Eden by Joey Graceffa. Tarah is secretly a gamer. She loves to play games any time she has a free moment. Her current game obsessions are Sims, Tera, and Mind craft.  Tarah is such a good listener and you can talk to her about anything. She hates wearing denim, the only things she wears as pants are leggings. They are the comfiest thing a girl can own right? Her current favorite food I honey walnut shrimp she cannot get enough.

This a big year for Tarah. It is her freshman year of college which is almost over. She is getting married to her best friend, and she still has three years of schooling to be a third grade teacher. She is one of the funniest and nicest people I have ever met. I know that this time next week she will be Mrs. Gennis Ruiz. She is so excited for this to happen. If you do not know Tarah yet then you really should go out, find her, and meet her. She will blow your mind away with what a great friend looks like. I know right now she is probably curled up in bed, and putting the finishing touches on her wedding planning. Everyone really needs an amazing friend like Tarah around! 

President of the Her Campus Chapter at Grand Canyon University. I am a Senior at GCU majoring in Government. I love adventures, horses and Nutella!