This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Sunday February 4th is quickly approaching. For a lot of folks, this is a time to gather with friends and family around the television with a hot dog in hand to watch the Super Bowl. This year, the Philadelphia Eagles and the New England Patriots will be playing while millions gather to cheer on their favorite team. According to a recent poll, many Americans are rooting for the Eagles to win over the Patriots.

Every year for the Super Bowl, my family gathers around the television. However, our reasons for doing so are rather different. My brother and my dad are typically discussing statistics and which team is more likely to win. My mom is usually looking through her cookbook to create the perfect Super Bowl meal. As for me, I mostly watch for the hilarious and creative commercials. Are you like me and football and the Super Bowl are just not really your style? If so, your Sunday conversations may not surround field goals, the quarterback, or the coaches. Are you looking for some alternatives to watching the game on Sunday? If so, there are plenty of things to do to celebrate Super Bowl Sunday!

Firstly, if you are an animal lover, the Sunday Puppy Bowl is for you. This year’s Puppy Bowl is showcasing two teams- the “Pup-triots” and the “B-eagles”. This year, Animal Planet has connected with many animal shelters to recruit puppies for the two teams. The puppies participating have all been affected by natural disasters that have occurred in 2017 like Houston and Puerto Rico. One of the most amazing things is that all of these dogs will be up for adoption. If you are interested in watching the adorable and entertaining Puppy Bowl, you can tune in on February 4th at 3pm EST. on Animal Planet.

Secondly, if you are a music lover and appreciate the arts, you may enjoy watching the Super Bowl Halftime Show. Justin Timberlake is returning to the stage since performing in 2004. While many fans were questioning if he was going to be joined by Janet Jackson and N’Sync, Timberlake disputed the claims by stating that his band, the Tennessee Kids will be his special guest. Timberlake also states that, “We’re doing things with this halftime show that they’ve never quite done before. I’m excited to do that”. While a lot of the surprises have been kept under wraps, Timberlake did say he would be performing “Can’t Stop the Feeling”. If you love and appreciate music and all things Justin Timberlake, you better watch this must see performance!

Thirdly, after the Super Bowl, one the most beloved shows is premiering a highly awaited episode. The television show, “This is Us”, is premiering their Super Bowl episode right after the game and will be answering many questions fans have been waiting for. Spoiler alerts ahead! In the last episode, we see that the Super Bowl is a rather significant event for the Pearson household. In addition, fans were given a rather large clue in regards to how exactly Jack Pearson, beloved father of three and husband, dies. Many of the actors on the show, like Mandy Moore, claim that it is one of the best episodes yet. Whether you watch the Super Bowl game and want to cry over a team losing, or if you are a big fan of “This is Us”, tissues are definitely a must.

For me, I will definitely be watching the Puppy Bowl and the new episode of “This is Us”. How are you planning on celebrating Super Bowl Sunday?

http://write4rightsroundourworld.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/superbowl-sunday.jpg

https://a.vsstatic.com/infographic/super-bowl-parties.jpg https://cdn.24.co.za/files/Cms/General/d/2141/01fe920393ec4a6eb05cc0b1c2…

https://cdn2.hercampus.com/body-images/2018/02/03/This%20is%20us_0.jpg

Liz is writer and editor for Her Campus GCU. She is a senior studying Communications and Psychology with hopes to become a counselor. She is passionate about her Catholic faith, social justice issues, and empowering women. She love coffee, the color yellow, yoga, and cats.