Stages of Besting the Flu

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

For some odd reason, whenever I come back to start second semester after break, I end up getting sick. I really should be used to it but I’m not. I find myself getting to campus, starting class, and then halfway through our first week of classes I have a massive headache, a stuffy nose, and a sore throat. The things I am going to share with you are my essential needs to beating the cold weather or season.

1. Medicine

This I feel like is the most obvious one. You would be really surprised at the how many people avoid medicine when they are sick. Go to the doctor and get a prescription or just go to the drugstore to pick up some medicine that will help you get better sooner rather than later!

2. Stay Hydrated

When I am sick I notice my throat is really dry (from all that medicine), I make sure to drink lots of water and Gatorade. When I am sick I usually am really tired also, if you are sick just drink a nice cup of hot tea and you should be ready for bed in no time. 

3. Get lots of sleep

When your health is failing and your body needs sleep, you can only fight exhaustion for so long. Sometimes not going to class is necessary when you are really sick, if you feel that your body is overly tired and it needs to recharge skip the alarm, and class to rest until you feel up to getting up. 

4. Eat Soup

I am a big lover of soup as a meal so I will eat it when I am not sick. When I am sick however, I make sure to stock up on chicken noodle soup, it tastes like nothing when I am sick but I still love to have it. It is warm and will make you feel just a bit better

President of the Her Campus Chapter at Grand Canyon University. I am a Senior at GCU majoring in Government. I love adventures, horses and Nutella!