This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

One of my favorite things about holiday times is the importance of family. Whenever my mind goes to family, I think about how important music is in my household. With that, I would like to share 7 songs that may broaden your music taste, introduce you to something new, get you in the fall spirit, or remind you of a memory, but hopefully bring positivity to your life. These are my go-to songs during fall time. Most of these are more alternative due to their warm tones. Hope you enjoy exploring some new music!

1. Apple Pie” by Lizzy McAlpine. This song gives off chill coffeehouse vibes and a reminder that whenever you are feeling down or alone, someone else out there can relate and will be there for you. For me personally, I resonated with this song during my experience of moving out of the house for the first time and what that felt like. 
  2. Cold Little Heart” by Michael Kiwanuka. For those out there who are Big Little Lies fans, you will recognize this song in a heartbeat. There is no other way to describe this song other than it is a must to turn all the way up in the car.
  3. Sweater Weather” by the Neighbourhood. It’s cliché, but come on, it’s too good to not include. If I were to recommend another throwback to reflect on during autumn, it would be “Take Me Church” by Hozier. 
  4. From Now On” by The Features. Twilight fans understand this one. Another bop to blast with friends while drinking Starbucks holiday drinks (highly recommend making this happen with some friends). Something about Twilight just screams the series to binge during the fall times and this song being from the soundtrack just goes hand and hand. 
  5. no body, no crime” by Taylor Swift ft. HAIM. Honestly, both albums, Evermore and Folklore, scream fall, but maybe that’s just me. What really sticks out with this song is the beat that gives the overall calm setting. Also, do not forget to listen to “Red – Taylor’s version” on November 12th!
  6. Sour Candy” by Melt. A song that is underappreciated would be this one right here. There are so many funny beats and the artist has such a unique tone in the best way possible. It starts off in a calm place, but then has a really great ending that tends to skyrocket. If you are looking for something new to listen to, look into this song.
  7. almost home” by mxmtoon. This song brings such a warmth to my heart that can only be explained by listening to it. It puts me right back into that feeling of being a little kid and being with my family. Time with family and friends is what the holidays are all about, so this is a great song to really get into those feels.
Hi everybody! My name is Elizabeth and I am a Psychology major at Grand Canyon University! I aspire to one day be a child psychologist to help the little ones learn how to battle through today's society in a healthy and effective manner. Family and friends mean the world to me so when I am not hanging out with them I enjoy reading, writing, singing, roller skating, and exploring new coffee shops.