Style

She Likes Designer, but She’s Not High-Maintenance

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Oh, designer shoes, handbags, and clothes. They are so beautiful, and oh so expensive. It seems like whether it be Michael Kors, Tory Burch, Gucci, or Saint Laurent, it is just better; and way cuter than Forever21 knockoffs. Being a girl in college can be hard because college is expensive. But what is a girl to do when she wants nice things but does not have the luxury of working a full-time job? Below are some tips to help a fellow fashionista out!

1.Budget, Budget, Budget!

It is no joke when people say designer things are nicer-they are because they are so much more expensive. For a girl who may only be working 20 hours a week, $300 dollar shoes may not be easy to come by. The best thing to do in this situation is to put a little bit away from each check and save up for that beautiful new pair of Tory Burch sandals. Though it might take longer, in the end it will be very rewarding. It also will help when she isn’t left with only $20 in her account until the next pay cycle.

2.Hit up Marshalls, TJ Maxx, & Nordstrom Rack

These are the holy trinity of shopping. Whenever a girl needs cute designer items AND on a budget, these should be her first stop. Even if not on a budget, these stores have so much to offer. Marshalls is the best for skincare, no matter what brand and has super cute home goods. TJ Maxx is the best for room décor, and Nordstrom Rack is the holy grail for designer shoes and handbags. Most of the time you can find designer steals for half the original price at these stores.

3.Michael Kors & Kate Spade

Technically speaking, both Michael Kors and Kate Spade are relatively “cheap” for being designer. They are also super cute and can be paired with literally anything. To the girl who wants designer brands, but can’t afford the huge dent in her bank account, this is a great place to start.

4.Do NOT Get a Credit Card

A fashionista thinks getting a credit card to her favorite store is the best idea. She buys too much at one time. She ends up owing the credit card company more than she will see on her next four checks combined. Do NOT do it, girlfriend, stay away from the temptation. The best thing to do when dealing with designer items is to save up for it. Do not go into debt over that really cute purse; no matter how cute it is.

5.She Only Lives Once

At the end of the day, the most important thing a girl must remember is that ‘she only lives once.’ Designer brands are some of the best things that this world has to offer, and she should definitely dip her toes into that beautiful water. If she sees something that is absolutely necessary, and can swing it, she should purchase it. Take it from the girl who did not buy the cute Tory Burch sandals that are now sold out.

Image: https://www.google.com/search?safe=active&sa=G&hl=en&q=women%27s+blue+pr…

Christ, Coffee, & Classic novels.