This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Let’s face it, a high of 70 degrees doesn’t exactly scream “autumn” but we must make do with the weather we’re given. Arizona’s season of cold weather is short-lived (and, frankly, insulting), so it’s important to make the most of it when we do get the occasional chill. Holiday dates are fun ways to take advantage of the colder nights and pull out all the plaid skirts and booties that have been hibernating in the back of your closet. If you miss your cardigans as much as I do, below are some fun ideas to get you in the holiday spirit with your boo. 

Glendale Glitters

This event is held in Downtown Glendale from November 29 to January 11. The center is lit up with thousands of twinkling lights accompanied by petting zoos, fair food, and antique shops to peruse. While this event is free to enter, be prepared to spend a little money on the vendors. If you’re lucky, you might even catch a recital from one of the local dance schools.  

https://mylocalnews.us/arizona/2018/01/glendale-glitters-ends-weekend/

CitySkate

If you’re into ice skating, central Phoenix offers an outdoor skating rink to fulfill all your Christmas desires. It’s open from November 23 to January 5 and serves as a perfect opportunity to fall on ice with your significant other. It gets a bit crowded, so make sure you’re a comfortable ice skater before heading onto the rink. Check the website for details on student discounts!

Arizona Coyotes Game

There are only a few Coyotes fans left in the state of Arizona, but you don’t have to be one of them to enjoy attending an Arizona Coyotes Hockey Game. If you don’t mind some sub-par seats, you’ll only have to pay around $20 a ticket. Sitting down and rooting for a team you barely know is sure to bring a happy couple closer. 

People-Watching 

There is no greater joy than feeling care-free and relaxed while watching other people scramble to complete their shopping lists and wrangle their children. Pop a squat in the food court of Arrowhead Towne Center or Scottsdale Fashion Square and let the chaos unfold around you. Bond with your partner over the genuine fury rising off every middle-aged woman, or the hopeless father who thinks a toolkit is a “pretty good” gift for his 14-year-old daughter. 

Rawhide Snowy Christmas

If you’ve ever been in the mood to celebrate Christmas while also pretending to be in an 1800s Western Town, boy do I have some good news for you. This event, which runs from November 28 to December 22, is sure to satisfy your Christmas cravings. Stop by for pictures with Santa, fake snow, unique shopping, and authentic Cowboy food at the Rawhide Steakhouse. Try not to get caught in a gunfight down Main Street because that would be DANGEROUS. 

While a night of cuddling and washing down freezer-burned pizza rolls with a cup of hot cocoa sounds exceptionally romantic, keeping an arsenal of date ideas never hurts. As the winter months quickly approach, use the opportunity to go out and get some Instagram material with your significant other. No one has to know you were sweating under your beanie and scarf.

My name is Kerry Gill, I'm a native Arizonan who's a little too proud of it. I love panicking about due dates and ignoring my responsibilities with my friends, but I think that just comes with the Pre-Med major aesthetic. My favorite flavor of Capri-Sun is Kiwi Strawberry and I serve as an emotional support animal to my neurotic weiner dog, Mabel.