tolu bamwo nappy ?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tolu bamwo nappy ?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Nappy

Newer Christmas Songs You Probably Haven’t Heard of

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Regardless of whether you start listening to Christmas music after the first of November or after Thanksgiving, that doesn’t change the fact that Christmas music will be played everywhere and is such a big part of the holiday experience. We all know the older classic songs like “Have Your Self a Merry Little Christmas” or Wham!’s “Last Christmas.” Although those never get old no matter how much time passes, here’s a list of newer Christmas songs you should check out and possibly add to your list!

25 Newer Christmas songs

1. “Santa Tell Me” – Ariana Grande
  2. “Mistletoe” – Justin Bieber
  3. “Like It’s Christmas” – Jonas Brothers
  4. “Cozy Little Christmas” – Katy Perry
  5. “All I Want (For Christmas)” – Liam Payne
  6. “You Make It Feel Like Christmas” – Gwen Stefani (feat. Blake Shelton)
  7. “Make It to Christmas” – Alessia Cara
  8. “Underneath the Mistletoe” – Sia
  9. “Say All You Want For Christmas” – Nick Jonas (feat. Shania Twain)
  10. “Christmas Tree” – Lady Gaga
  11. “Underneath the Tree” – Kelly Clarkson
  12. “I’ll Be Home” – Meghan Trainor
  13. “Jingle Bells” – Lauren Daigle
  14. “Christmas Blues” – Sabrina Claudio & The Weeknd
  15. “Candy Cane Lane” – Sia
  16. “Christmas Isn’t Cancelled (Just You)” – Kelly Clarkson
  17. “Let There Be Peace” – Carrie Underwood
  18. “We Wish You the Merriest” – Idina Menzel
  19. “Winter Things” – Ariana Grande
  20. “Here This Christmas” – Gwen Stefani
  21. “Christmas Cmon” – Lindsey Sterling
  22. “December 26” – Micah Edwards
  23. “Christmas Tree Farm” – Taylor Swift
  24. “The One I’ve Been Missing” – Little Mix
  25. “Glittery” – Kacey Musgraves (feat. Troye Sivan)

The 25 Christmas songs on this list are by some of the most popular pop artists in the music industry currently. The songs selected are originals, not just covers, and they definitely deserve a listen. Artists like Sia, Ariana Grande, Lauren Daigle, and Kelly Clarkson have full Christmas albums available too.

Christmas Albums

Sia is an Australian singer, songwriter, voice actress, and director. Her album, released in 2017, “Everyday is Christmas”, can be streamed on Apple Music using this link:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/everyday-is-christmas-deluxe/1440098012

Ariana Grande is an American singer and actress. Her album, released in 2015, can be streamed with this link:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/christmas-chill-ep/1440839092

Lauren Daigle is an American contemporary Christian singer and songwriter. The “Behold” album, released in 2016, can be streamed on Apple Music using this link:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/behold-deluxe-edition/1560657356

Kelly Clarkson is a widely-known American singer, songwriter, and television personality. She has released two Christmas albums called “Wrapped in Red” (2013) and “When Christmas Comes Around” (2021).

If you’re looking for a very recent Christmas album this year, then Kelly Clarkson is your girl. Her 2021 holiday album is her ninth studio album. It consists of 15 songs that will make you feel as if you’ve been through the same holiday emotions and experiences she has had. The album features covers, other versions of Christmas songs, and original tracks with features from artists like Chris Stapelton, Ariana Grande, and Brett Eldredge.

As we prepare for Christmas, make sure to give these songs and artists a listen. Make a Christmas playlist to jam out to while making cookies and simply enjoy the holidays with those most special to you!

Hi! My name is Orianna Morales and I am originally from Bakersfield, CA. I attend GCU and I'm majoring in Government with an emphasis in legal studies to become a civil rights lawyer in the future. I'm also on the club wrestling team at GCU. Two fun facts about me are that I LOVE elephants & music!