This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

A new month brings the chance for a new start, or a fresh clean slate. This is the time for a little change in your routine, rather it being starting to journal, finding a new workout, or even starting to love yourself a little more. Whatever the case may be, a new month gives you the chance to start fresh.

With February bringing a change in climate, it also brings a change in perspective. Viewing your relationships, evaluating if those around you are bringing the best out of you, or even evaluating the relationship you have with yourself. It is strongly encouraged for you to use this month as your selfish month; to focus on yourself and to give yourself some more self-love.

No matter where you go, there will always be individuals who you click with and create relationships with. People come in seasons during our lifetime; sometimes they can stick for a long term and others are only around for a short term. No matter what the result might be, that relationship will leave an imprint on you and that relationship will give you a different perspective when deciding your circle. 

man and woman sitting on a bench
Alex Holyoake | Unsplash

Change for many can be a very horrifying subject to speak about, and at times, hardest to act on. Depending on the change you pick, change can have a major or minor impact in your life. A simple way of changing up your routine for this month could be to start a journal. A journal could have such an impact in your day to day life. Since we are all college students, we struggle cutting out time to focus on ourselves which could lead us to feeling overwhelmed. For some students, this is their first year away from their parents and friends, and not being able to talk to someone they have a close connection with can feel isolating at times. With a journal, you will have the ability to write down how you are feeling or what is going on in your life, which you could later reflect on to see how much you have grown. 

February is known as the month with love in the air; with the climate getting warmer, more couples are out and going on dates. What could be difficult for some is not having a significant other. If that is the case for you, going on miniature dates alone could be a change you bring into your routine. Treating yourself to a nice dinner out, or even going to a local coffee shop and getting a cup of coffee to enjoy alone could be good for the soul. We live in the day and age where we are constantly told that being alone is not okay, and that we must constantly be surrounded with people, or be in a relationship. But that is not the case, learning to be alone and doing things on your own can be the best lesson to teach yourself. 

February can be the start of a new lifestyle; a lifestyle that involves health with yourself. You are the only one who truly knows how you feel and what you need, and incorporating these little actions into your day to day life will give you a new perspective in self-love and in life. 

Hello my fellow readers! My name is Tabitha (Tabs for short). I'm from Chicago, IL born and raised. I'm currently attending GCU with a major in Psychology and a minor in Counseling. I love a good cup a coffee while writing in my journal or binge watching YouTube videos.
A sophomore Communications major at GCU who is passionate about Jesus, writing, watching Netflix, and taking long walks to the campus Chick-Fil-A.