Jelissa Figueroa is a December baby from Barstow, California. She transferred to GCU in August, and is currently in the Nursing program. She may be tiny, but her heart is huge. Aside from taking care of nearly everyone who is sick in the dorm hall (#nursingthings) she has a never-ending love for Christ, baseball, and coffee.
- What is your favorite color?
My favorite color is Tiffany Blue. Everything in my life is Tiffany Blue.
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Probably a chicken salad with avocado – even though I’m allergic to avocado.
- Name a song you can’t stop listening to:
There’s two! Shape of You by Ed Sheeran and Independent Woman by Destiny’s Child.
- What’s your favorite book?
The Hunger Games series. They’re all so good, I couldn’t put them down.
- What’s a movie you totally disliked?
Lights Out – the ending was terrible.
- What are you most excited about for nursing school?
The most exciting part is: 1) walking around in the cute purple scrubs and 2) finally getting hand-on experience and putting everything I’ve learned into reality.
- What’s your favorite thing about GCU?
My favorite thing about GCU is the look of the school, everything is so modern and relevant to today’s times. And the free shirts are a plus.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I’ll be graduated, hopefully obtaining my Master’s, and living in a pretty city. Or travelling too.
- What is something you hold close to your heart and live by?
Something I hold close to my heart is just accepting and being who I am. I don’t pay attention to what others think or say, I’m just being myself.
- When you hear the words “favorite memory” what pops into your head?
My favorite memory is from my nineteenth birthday, where all of my friends and I went to a lounge, and everyone in the room (even people I don’t know) were singing me happy birthday!