This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Just because COVID-19 has canceled trips, concerts, and other events this year, that does not mean Christmas is cancelled. Here is a list of some fun and festive events in Arizona that will hopefully get you in the Christmas spirit. But, do not worry, all of the events have rules and regulations in place to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and keep people safe. 

1. ZooLights | Phoenix, Arizona

Once again, those in Arizona can enjoy the classic tradition that is Phoenix Zoo Lights. From now until January 31st, 2021, one can go see and cherish the millions of lights and holiday decorations covering the Phoenix Zoo. In addition to the lights, guests can also enjoy photos with Santa, camel rides, carousel rides, and holiday shows. This year the Phoenix Zoo is providing two different ways to experience Zoo Lights: walk-thru and cruise. If you do not feel comfortable walking through the zoo with the crowds, you can book a cruise-thru appointment and see the beautiful lights from the safety of your own car. General walk-thru tickets are $20 per guest, while general cruise-thru tickets are $75 per vehicle.

1. Christmas at the Princess | Scottsdale, Arizona

Through December 31, the Princess hotel in Scottsdale is hosting their annual event, “Christmas at the Princess.” From an ice skating rink to S’mores Land to photos with Santa and so much more! The Princess has something for the entire family. They also have a variety of yummy drinks, food, and desserts one can order and they even have boutiques open so that guests can shop at so they can start crossing people off their Christmas list. The general admission tickets are $15; however, there are tons of value packs one can purchase that includes things such as valet parking, dinner reservations, and overnight stays at the hotel. 

1. Glendale Glitters | Glendale, Arizona

From now until January 9th, 2021, Glendale Glitter is a free and festive event the entire public can enjoy. It is a large holiday light display in downtown Glendale stretching across 16 blocks and including more than 1.6 million beautiful lights. While looking at the twinkling lights, one can also enjoy the restaurants and shops located in Downtown Glendale. 

1. The Polar Express | Williams, Arizona

Every winter, the Grand Canyon Railway is transformed into the Polar Express. From now until January 3rd, 2021 guests can book a ticket on to this magical train inspired by the beloved Christmas movie and book. On the train ride, guests can enjoy the reading of the book “The Polar Express,” singing Christmas carols, hot chocolate and cookies, and a visit from Santa. Williams is quite a bit of a drive, so many people choose to stay at hotels partnered with the Polar Express. Near the hotels are restaurants, shopping areas, and even more Christmas activities. This year, those on the train will have socially distanced seating and in addition to their pajamas, will be required to wear a face mask- even Santa. Ticket prices vary depending on the day.

Hot Chocolate in Mug on a wooden table surrounded by leaves
Brigitte Tohm/Pexels

Hey! My name is Lauren. I am a communications major at Grand Canyon University. I just want to enjoy life and travel.