This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

The best time of the year has finally FALLen upon us. The weather is changing from hot to cold and that means that one’s wardrobe must do the same. Fall fashion is all about fun patterns, layering, boots and staying warm and cozy in the cold weather.

Though many people enjoy summer and all the adventures that come with the warm weather, dressing for summer can be hard. Summer fashion is not necessarily something one can be super creative with as well.

Summer fashion is out! There are now opportunities for layering and adding cool accessories such as scarves, quirky socks and even fancy hats like fedoras. However, making that transition can be a little hard as clothing and shoes can be expensive.

The Fall season comes with so many fun things to do but dressing for the occasion can be a constant struggle, after all you have to look good and feel good in order to take pictures for Instagram. But do not fear! There are plenty of ways to to ease the struggle of not knowing what to wear for certain occasions. One thing that is important to remember is to dress in clothing that makes you feel comfortable and confident. You don’t have to buy a new outfit every time you go out, sometimes you just have to work with what you have!

Looking through one’s closet is a great place to start looking for outfits or at least parts of an outfit. Basic pieces of clothing, such as a long sleeved shirt, are an essential part of any outfit. They are easy to use as a base for layering on other pieces, such as cardigans and knit sweaters.

Another great way to keep your outfits trendy and appropriate for the weather is to look for inspiration on Pinterest and/or Instagram. There are always people posting pictures of their outfits or outfit inspirations. Following people who have a similar style or a style that is achievable would really help with finding fall outfits. By seeing others’ posts, one could recreate or customize the outfits.

Another tip is to not be scared to repeat outfits, especially if it’s cute! If you like what you’re wearing, wear it again! Eight times out of ten no one will remember that you already wore that outfit. An especially great time to repeat outfits is if you’re going out with a new group of people that has never seen it. Same outfit, different crowd.

Finally, if you absolutely feel like you need new pieces for your fall wardrobe, thrifting is the way to go! Thrifting is a cheaper way to get new pieces for fall. Thrift stores are full of flannels, jackets and more that are great for layering. Not only will these thrifted pieces complete your wardrobe but you will also know that you will have unique pieces that not everyone else has! Fall fashion consists of pumpkin spice and everything nice but it doesn’t mean one has to start from scratch every time the season comes around!

Hi! My name is Cecilia but everyone calls me Ceci! I am currently a senior studying Communications here at GCU. I am a people person, I love meeting new people and having great conversation with others.