This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

There are times when you want to go on a Disney parks date, but you are stuck at home. In this scenario, the best thing you can do is bring the parks and the magic to you! Here are 9 ways you can have a super fun Disney date at home with your partner!

1. DIY your own ride

The number one thing most Disney parks goers want to do is experience the rides. With some creativity and teamwork, you and your partner can work on recreating your favorite attraction right at home! You and your partner can make your own ride vehicles, set up props, or even light a candle that smells like your favorite ride. The sky is the limit with what you can do!

2. Make your favorite Disney snack 

There are so many iconic Disney parks food and snacks that you can make at home! You can find so many great Disney park food recipes online. Disney even released their original recipes during the quarantine. You and your partner can each pick one snack from the parks and make it together. The best part of course will be eating the snacks you got to make.

3. Watch fireworks

It’s time to snuggle with your partner and watch some fireworks. You can find your favorite park firework show on YouTube. Stream the fireworks show with a projector or on your TV. It will definitely help your date feel much more magical when you can experience such an iconic moment of the Disney experience but within the space of your own home.  

4. Listen to main street music

Could you imagine going to the parks and not hearing music at all times? Didn’t think so! Music is such an integral part of being immersed in the atmosphere of the parks. While on your Disney date, play a soundtrack of the Main Street U.S.A music loop, or any music loop from your favorite land in the parks. Playing parks music will make your Disney date so much more immersive! 

5. Meet characters

A memorable part of being inside the parks includes meeting the characters. With a little imagination, you can have a character meet and greet at your place! Now, you can pick out your favorite Disney character stuffed animal, or all of them, and have a photoshoot with them. Be creative with this one! Find a cool backdrop or wall and take fun photos there with your partner. Meeting Mickey has never been easier.

6. Pretend you’re having a picnic on the hub grass

For this date, get outdoors. You can go to your backyard, or anywhere there is grass. Bring a picnic blanket and some Disney snacks to share with your partner. If you have a projector you can project your favorite park’s castle and it will feel like you are on the hub grass enjoying your day at the parks. 

7. Disneybound

Disneybounding is when you take inspiration from your favorite Disney character and style your outfit to represent that character! Disneybounding is different from costumes because you are not dressing exactly how that character would dress. Rather, you are drawing from the concept of what inspires you about that character and making it fashionable in a subtle way. Disneybounding is all about showing off your own style and creativity! For your date, you and your partner can plan out your outfits and then go shopping to put together your outfit!

The Lalasmiling Girl In Mickey Mouse Ears
Her Campus Media

8. Draw Disney characters like at the animation academy

If you and your partner like learning new skills, you can learn how to draw your favorite Disney characters. There are so many easy video tutorials online that you can find that show you exactly how you can draw your favorite character, step by step. After drawing you both can show off your awesome art skills. 

9. Do some online Disney shopping

A fun part of going to the parks is getting to go to the Emporium or World of Disney and buying fun Disney merch. With your partner, you can go online shopping for Disney merch. You and your partner can buy each other a Disney gift and have it shipped to each other. 

I hope to help individuals who read my writing posts know that they are unique and accepted and can find a fun and safe space when they read my posts! I hope that individuals who read my posts can become inspired and feel welcomed.