Harry Styles is Back and We are Here for It!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

The former member of the band, One Direction, is back on the map with his new single, Lights Up.

On October 11, 2019, Harry Styles has finally come back after not releasing new music for roughly two years. After One Direction split up many people did not know whether the former band member would continue to put out music of his own. Harry’s last solo album, Harry Styles, took the world by storm and gained huge media attention. This is the first song he has put out since Harry Styles in 2017 and it is already blowing up the internet. The song features an almost alternative melody paired with a catchy pop foundation. An old classic rock feel takes over the chorus and the catchy lyrics can make almost anyone want to play the song on repeat.

The music video takes an entire new spin featuring a shirtless Harry and even some eye catching blue high waisted bell- bottom pants. The music video and the song have a much older feel to them giving the audience an almost throwback feel in the best way. It can be hard in the music industry to come out with something that is different from other artist’s pieces without being too different that the public does not like it. It can be a very thin and demanding line and every time Harry seems to stand right on it. He continues to have just enough diversity in his music while also keeping up with the ever-changing demands from the industry. Harry is one of those artists that you truly never know what his next single will consist of. The sound he makes is so unique to his character and who he that is it is almost impossible to copy.

https://www.menshealth.com/entertainment/a29439600/harry-styles-lights-up-music-video-sweaty-all-gender-orgy/

The next questions weighing heavy on everyone’s mind now does this mean we are getting an album? When will it be released? Does this mean another tour is coming? Do I need to start saving my money now?! These questions can only be answered in time, but personally, I think it is safe to say yes to all of them. The surprise was real when this came out today with no warning, and the internet is going crazy and for good reason. It would not be surprising if Harry decided to drop an entire album without any notice, honestly. Maybe that is what helps his music flourish, the fact that it is dropped almost entirely in secret only leaving people to find it. That is almost more exciting, being surprised with an entire album that building up anticipation for it and being disappointed. 

All I know is that this song is going to be a chart topper and the album to come is going to blow everyone’s socks off. I think I can speak for all of us in saying that we are all intrigued to see what comes next from this special artist.  

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/track/2plLJpUcYPFrl1sW2pMG63 

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NZvM1918_E

Senior at Grand Canyon University double majoring in Communications and English with an Emphasis in Professional Writing.