This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Valentine’s Day isn’t just for couples. There are many activities and fun date ideas you can do with your gals for “Galentine’s Day,” the version of the holiday spent with your besties. With Galentine’s Day right around the corner, trying to plan a night out with the girls can be challenging. Many common activities can break the bank if you are trying to save money. However, there are countless budget-friendly group date ideas to do with the girls – and no, not like The Bachelor.

1. Movie Night

This one starts as a no-brainer. In either your dorm room, bedroom, house, living room, etc., set up a comfortable spot filled with pillows, blankets, snacks, stuffed animals – anything that is comfy. You can invite everyone over to come spend the night watching cheesy rom-coms in your pajamas! Throw in some board games and love songs in the background, and you will be good to go to spend the night with your besties.

2. Cool/Fun Restaurant 

My best friend and I have a tradition of taking each other out to fancy or fun restaurants on holidays, birthdays, or other special events. We love to get dressed up, drive together, and enjoy a nice meal while talking about life. It’s my favorite thing ever to do with her. If you or some girls are trying to plan a fun date out, a cool restaurant is the perfect place to celebrate. 

3. Night out on the Town

Phoenix is a large city with countless things to do in the evening. Especially while the weather is still nice, take advantage of the Arizona weather and grab your girls for a night out on the town! Downtown Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale, or Gilbert all have some fun nightlife where you can walk around, look at city lights, get food, etc. Tempe is most known for its bustling nightlife, and they have a large lake you and your group can walk around at and just chitchat. For a low-budget, get-out-of-the-house idea, this is perfect.

4. Arcade or Interactive Place

Arcades, karaoke places, museums, and other things along those lines are all fun places to go and hang out as a group. They are perfect to relax and keep everyone in your party occupied while you guys hang out. Escape rooms are also a great way to bond with your friends, and can keep everyone entertained for hours while you try to come over on how to “get out” of the room. Dessert or a fun treat after is a plus! There are a lot of budget-friendly interactive places in Phoenix to visit in the evening; just find one that fits everyone’s interests. Even walking around the mall window shopping is a fun way to hang out and pass the time.

5. Library Study Date

Let’s be honest: Valentine’s Day falls on a Wednesday this year. This means it is the middle of the school week. The day could come right in the middle of tests, assignments, projects, essays, etc. For a low-key night with the girls, simply heading to the library or renting a study room or empty classroom can be a great way to relax and get your work done while still being together with the girls you love. Grab some coffee and chocolate, play Taylor Swift, get yourself in the right study mind, and you will be good to go!

Valentine’s Day isn’t just for couples. Spending the day with your friends, family, and even your dog can be a great way to show how much you love and value your time with each other.