This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Galentine’s Day was created to spend time with your besties, shower each other with love, and spend quality time with one another. While Galentine’s Day isn’t an official holiday, it is still celebrated worldwide. This unofficial holiday has become a day for you to honor the people that have always been there for you. Typically, Galentine’s Day is celebrated the day before Valentine’s Day. However, it can also be celebrated on Valentine’s Day if it works better for you and your group. Aside from the emotional meaning, it is also a fun day to spend time with your friends and shower each other with gifts, love, appreciation, and quality time. Ultimately, Galentine’s Day is meant to spend time with friends and make memories. Whether it means you are going out or staying in, it is all about you and your friends having a blast together.

Dinner

Having a night out with friends means you can dress up, eat good food, and splurge on a fun night out. There may be some restaurants that hold significance to your group, or you all have the same favorite food. Whatever your Galentine’s plans may be, going out to eat or ordering takeout is a fun way to start the night. Here are different dine-out options.

• The Cheesecake Factory
  • Akita Sushi
  • Olive Garden
  • Texas Roadhouse 

There are also options for takeout to have a fun night in with your gal pals. All of the options above can be ordered for carryout, but here are some additional options:

• Buffalo Wild Wings
  • Chili’s
  • Applebee’s

Gifts

ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp

Gifts are meant to be meaningful and perfect for the person receiving them. There are many cute and affordable gift ideas that you could find for your besties. Walmart or Target have many great Valentine’s Day gifts that could be repurposed for your Galentine’s Day celebrations. Creating a gift from scratch can be fun and cheap, but sometimes it is also more convenient to buy already-wrapped gifts. Thankfully, stores are filled with those types of gifts during this time of year. Here are some gift ideas you can purchase or things you can put together for your friends.

• Cute mugs with stuffed animals (cute, simple, and affordable)
  • Gift bags that includes all the essentials like their favorite snacks, drinks, a card, and stuffed animal

Activities

Depending on your friend group’s favorite activities, there are many things you can do to finish the night off with your gals. If you are looking for a special nostalgic activity or place you can visit, here are some ideas to help you and your girls end the night on a fun note. 

• Movie night at home or in theaters
  • Bowling
  • Karaoke
  • Game Night
  • Going to the park

Galentine’s Day is a fun holiday where you can invest in your friendships and spend time with some of your closest friends. Celebrating this day is a great way to give the single girls a chance to enjoy the Valentine’s Day season, and planning something together also encourages those who are in relationships not to forget about their friendships.

Hi everyone! I’m Alejandra! I’m currently a third year college student at GCU and I’m a double major in Professional Writing and Marketing. I hope you enjoy my articles.