Cactus Flowers Plants California Hiking Original
Charlotte Reader / Her Campus
Life > Experiences

Fun things to do in Phoenix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

As college students, it can be hard to find fun things to do off campus, especially when you live in a new area you are unfamiliar with. Here’s a list of fun things to do in the Phoenix area!

Farmer’s markets

For starters, consider a trip to the farmer’s market! Uptown Farmers Market happens every Saturday and is very close to GCU’s campus. They have all sorts of vendors that sell food, coffee, clothes, crafts, plants, produce, and so much more. This is a perfect activity to do on a Saturday morning with your friends to get off campus for a little bit.

coffee shops

Phoenix has some of the cutest coffee shops that are perfect for studying or even just hanging out with friends. One of my personal favorite coffee shops is LightHeart Coffee in Scottsdale, Arizona. This coffee shop has the cutest pink and beige aesthetic perfect for taking pictures. They have a seasonal menu with fun drinks to match each season, and their coffee lives up to the energy. If you are looking for a more chill atmosphere, Song Bird Coffee in downtown Phoenix has the perfect laid-back vibe. It’s full of plants, and they even have a coffee shop cat that roams around outside. They are known for their chai tea lattes and have the perfect spots for a day of studying.

restaurants

As a college student, a great way to get off campus is to go out to eat with your friends. Phoenix has some of the cutest restaurants with some of the best food. One of my favorite restaurants is Joyride taco house located uptown. They have a great menu with some really great Mexican food, and they stay open very late as well. If you are wanting a place with some great pizza, try Federal Pizza located next to Joyride taco house. This restaurant has great pizza and a cool atmosphere.

hiking

Arizona has some of the most beautiful hikes and sceneries. If you are open to traveling a little, Sedona is a perfect place for some challenge hikes. It’s full of different trails and is known for its beautiful red rocks. Some hikes I recommend are Soldier Pass, Devil’s Bridge, and Cathedral Rock. Sedona also has the cute little town Tlaquepaque which is full of fun places to eat and shop. If you are looking for something more local to Phoenix, Camelback Mountain is a great challenge, and for a more easy hike, Hole in the Rock is located in Papago Park.

shopping

Another fun thing to do is shopping! Scottsdale Fashion Square has a great selection of stores and places to eat. Another fun place to shop is in Old Town Scottsdale, which is a fun place to walk around and has a great selection of restaurants. If you’re looking for something a little less retail, there are many local vintage stores or even second-hand shops that you can thrift at.

Overall Phoenix has some great places to explore, and there’s always something for everyone!

Audrey Guy is a student at GCU majoring in Business Marketing and Advertising. When she is not in class or writing HerCampus articles you can find her in the gym while listening to Emma Chamberlains podcast, Rewatching Gilmore Girls, drinking a Chai Latte, or listening to Taylor Swift. Audrey loves writing about lifestyle, fashion, music, beauty, and more!