Fun Things to Do this Halloween in Phoenix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Although the temperatures may make you think otherwise, fall has arrived in the Valley, and with it comes all the fun and frights of Halloween. From dressing up like zombies in downtown Phoenix, to picking pumpkins and navigating corn mazes on the farm, there are plenty of events and activities around Phoenix where you can get your fix of chills and thrills all month long.

13th Floor Haunted House

If you’re in the mood to get spooked this Halloween season, then 13th Floor Haunted House is for you. Located on the I-17 and Bell, Phoenix’s largest haunted house is known nationwide and has been featured on USA Today, MTV, AOL, and The Travel Channel. Based off the legend that if a building includes a 13th floor it will be haunted, 13th Floor features not one but two terrifying attractions under the same roof that will give you all the scares that you and your brave friends are looking for this Halloween.

Zombie Walk

Channel your inner zombie by attending the Downtown Phoenix Zombie Walk on October 28. This creepy event will feature live bands and DJs, a costume contest, food trucks, and a zombification station so you can stumble around the Warehouse District from 3pm to 11pm with thousands of other zombie-fied Arizonans. There is a $10 entry fee, but the event will be raising funds for the Arizona Hemophilia Association, so not only will you be able to get your Walking Dead on, but it will be for a good cause as well.

Orpheum Theater Ghost Tours

If you are looking for a more sophisticated scare this Halloween, the Orpheum Theater has the perfect experience in store. For four nights only at the end of October, tours will be running of this historic museum, but with a twist – Phoenix Ghost Tours will be sharing “true” stories of the ghosts that haunt this theater. Even if you don’t believe in ghosts, this will still be a one-of-kind experience as you will be able to explore the theater like few ever had.

Golfland Fright Nights

Every night in October when the sun goes down, Golfland-Sunsplash will undergo a spooky transformation into Golfland Fright Nights. Enjoy 18-holes of Halloween themed mini golf, or try to take on all the frights of the award-winning Gauntlet Haunted House. No matter which you choose, or if you decide to brave both spooky activities, you will be sure to have a frighteningly good time.

Pumpkin Patches

For those wanting to get in the fall spirit without having nightmares at night, there are pumpkin patches all over the Valley that will do the trick. Several farms such as Vertuccio Farms, Schnepf Farms, and Tolmachoff Farms are running pumpkin patches along with corn mazes, petting zoos, and other festive fall and Halloween themed activities throughout the month of October. Tickets are relatively inexpensive for most farms and patches, so this is the perfect weekend activity for any broke college student who wants to get off campus and enjoy a taste of fall.

A sophomore Communications major at GCU who is passionate about Jesus, writing, watching Netflix, and taking long walks to the campus Chick-Fil-A.