This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

The following weeks after thanksgiving break can be very tedious and stressful. All that we want to do is go back home and relax, but unfortunately we have to take finals and we do not have very much time until the end of the semester. Here are a few tips to help you get through the rest of the semester.

Plan out your schedule

If you write down all of the assignments you have to turn in and each test you need to study for, you can have a physical list to look at and check things off as you go. This makes studying easier and less overwhelming. Sometimes you think you have more assignments than you actually do, and writing it down and being able to check off assignments as you go can relieve some of that stress. Make deadlines for yourself so you do not have to cram for every exam in one night at the last minute.

Take Breaks

Studying for long periods of time can really burn you out. If you take breaks every so often, you will not get so burnt out and be able to perform better on exams and assignments. If you switch subjects after each break, it will allow you to refresh your mind and give you the ability to focus more. If you also change your location when studying it will give you the ability to concentrate better. If you get too stressed out or anxious, try taking deep breaths and try to focus on something other than school work for a while.

Relax/Take care of yourself

Finals can be a very stressful time and everyone can get so caught up with studying for finals that they do not take time for themselves and self-care is extremely important, especially when you are under a lot of stress. Some things to do to destress are:

• Drink tea. Drinking some of your favorite hot tea, or any hot drink can help to calm you down.
  • Face masks are very relaxing and make your face feel fresh and clean afterwards. You can buy one time use face masks at target for about $2.50. Body scrubs are also very relaxing and refreshing after a long day of studying, and a fun DIY project that will allow you to take a break and get your mind off of all the stress from finals.
  • Do your nails or go get a Mani-Pedi. Having fresh nails is always refreshing and another great way to take a break from studying and taking some time for yourself.

Exercise

Getting your body moving will help to keep you healthy and prevent your body from shutting down. Some great ways to help relieve stress and to get good exercise are things like Yoga, Pilates, and Running. Exercising is healthy for both your mind and body.

It is really important to stay focused and look at the big picture and remember why you are in college in the first place, which is to get your education. It is important to go to class and do your work, because you are paying a lot of money to go to college. Just remember to take care of yourself in the process.

Image: https://www.google.com/search?safe=active&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS722US722&tbm=i…

I am a Junior and an English with an Emphasis in Professional Writing major with a minor in Business at Grand Canyon University. I write to inspire and spread positivity to others. I love spending my time in coffee shops, writing and drinking coffee. Im just a simple girl trying to figure out life, give my best advice and share my experiences along the way.