This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Arizona State Fair – State Fairgrounds

The 2018 Arizona State Fair will take place October 5-28. It is open Wednesday-Sunday and closed on Monday’s and Tuesdays. The hours are Wednesday & Thursdays, noon to. 9 p.m.; Fridays, noon to 10 p.m., Saturdays, 11 a.m. – 10 p.m., and Sundays, 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.

Regular admission is $8-$12; kids four and younger are always free; parking is $5-$10

MacDonald’s Ranch Pumpkin Patch – Scottsdale

MacDonald’s Ranch in Scottsdale hosts their annual pumpkin patch September 29 – October 31, open 6 days a week, closed on Tuesdays. In addition to picking pumpkins, enjoy a petting zoo, haystack maze, Western games, hayrides, pan for gold in the gem mine and more. Admission is $10 per person on weekdays, $12 per person on weekends.

Hiking….Everywhere! 

As soon as it gets to be the start of October, most things in Arizona begin to cool off a little bit. That means some of the most comfortable weather temperatures all year happen in the fall, which makes it an extremely opportune time to be outdoors! Visitors and locals alike tend to take advantage of this fabulous time of year to hit the trails for hiking, as the desert really comes to bloom and there isn’t a need to hide from the sun by mid-day.

Salt River Fields Balloon Spooktacular

Over 20 Hot Air Balloons on display and passing out over 4,000 pounds of candy for trick-or-treaters, live music, food and beverage, a Kids Zone, vendor market, tethered balloon rides, a haunted Spooky trail, fireworks and much more. Experience the Balloon Spooktacular for a safe, fun filled trick-or-treating Halloween Festival.

It is held in the Salt River Fields at Talking Stick, October 25th and 26th. Admission is $15 for adults and $10 for kids

sarai kelley

Arizona '20

My name is Sarai Kelley and I am a 19 year old professional concert photographer of four years. I'm from sunny San Diego, CA but moved to Phoenix, Arizona to pursue a career in psychology at Grand Canyon University; where I am now a senior in the midst of applying to graduate school to earn my doctorate!