burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fall Fashion Edition Vol. 3

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

This week I want to try something new and incorporate a brand highlight to my column. In my Oct. 8th edition, two-piece sets were the focus, but today I want to shift the attention to an up and coming brand. Progress More Often (PMO) depicts a lifestyle that applies to every individual.

The clothing line represents a culture of self- expression that promotes the way that you live by what you decide to wear. The way that PMO strives to support this lifestyle is by making a difference through community. The face behind this movement is my good friend, Tevin Grant, owner and creator of this company. He generated a community through PMO Provides projects to put the idea of progressing through life together into practice. This project was directed at giving back to the homeless. Catered food and care packages were given out every week throughout the duration of this past summer. This would not have been possible without Season Style Catering who brought hot home cooked meals for every single PMO Provides project. This service specializes in Caribbean home style cooking and event catering located in Phoenix, Arizona. Overall, the support and contribution towards these projects is simply empowering. The Progress More Often brand established its expectation, put this into action, and then offered a piece that individuals can take with them.

The PMO clothing line consists of everyday active wear that exemplifies a culture within its look. The apparel consists of men’s, women’s, and unisex wear. Ultimately, the men and women’s clothing includes the same color patterns, but the style is specific to gender. Every piece of clothing has a featured logo. The original Progress More Often label and symbols are visible. An upward facing arrow runs through the letter P, and it appears in one form or another within every logo to symbolize progress.

One line that is incorporated within the apparel is called Women’s Empowerment. The line speaks explicitly to the progression and strength of women. Personally, I own some pieces that are a part of the Women’s Empowerment collection, and they are very flattering. So far, I have a two-piece set and two basic tanks. The Women’s Empowerment line has the word Empowerment modeling this vision, and this time the progressing arrow is found stretching from different directions to represent the various paths of progress.

The line’s fabric is also lightweight, which means that the clothes do not obtain that suffocating feeling. All of the go-to basics are sold, like tanks, leggings, t-shirts, hoodies, long sleeves, hats, and spandex.  The material is stretchy but instead of spandex, it’s cotton. The lengths run long, and the sizes run on the smaller side.

Meanwhile, a new line is in the works for the Progress More Often brand. All that I can say is that it will be specific to men, and to keep an eye out for its release date. This exciting new installment in the brand is being kept quiet and this is just one of the ways that PMO continues to have its audience looking forward to what is next. The brand’s official website is pmolifestyle.com and is exclusive to an online means of purchase. There is also the exception of donations that go directly to the PMO provides community project expenses. Otherwise, PMO has all sources of popular media. Aside from its website, you can find them on Instagram and Twitter @pmolifestyle. I encourage you to read up on this brand for two reasons. The first being that you have a high recommendation from me, and I firmly believe in the growth and development of this lifestyle brand. Secondly, the face behind the look of 2017 is the confidence to lift ourselves up, and the most apparent way that we do this is through our clothing. Wearing that on our shoulders is something that will never go out of style, so instead of limiting the PMO clothing line to a look of 2017, I’m just going to call it a LOOK.

Fashion Edition// A

Progress More Often Official Website                                Twitter                      

http://pmolifestyle.com/                            https://twitter.com/pmolifestyle?lang=en

Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/pmolifestyle/

Her Campus Magazine// Fashion Edition Grand Canyon University. 20. Communication Major/Psychology Minor. Future PR manager for the fashion industry in NYC.