This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Dear Best Friend, 

I cannot thank God enough for placing someone like you into my life. Through thick and thin, loyalty is what keeps our friendship going. Like a sister, you have demonstrated what it means to feel loved. Like a warrior, your strength is measured by the size of your heart. Thanks for reaching your hand out, pulling me up off the ground to say “you got this.” I love how silence can sometimes bring us closer than words ever could. How we blast our favorite songs in the car and fill our heads with joy, sorrow and everything in between.

You are a huge inspiration in my life. I am beyond proud of everything you have done and all that you continue to do. From the first moment we met, until now you have shown me what it truly means to become a patient, loyal, and understanding friend. Thank you for every laugh that we have shared and supporting me through every difficult time. They say that actions speak louder than words. When you surprised me on my doorstep the day I was not feeling well, it made me nearly forget that I was even sick in the first place. 

Your smile can bring light to anyone who surrounds you. Sometimes life gets bumpy, but it is comforting to know that I have you to fall back on when in need. Thank you for calling me out when I was acting irrationally about something — it made me step back and realize that you are bettering me as a person.

Thank you for allowing me to be myself around you. We have so many great memories to look back on, and I am grateful for every single one. I know that you are going to change the world just as much as you have changed me, by continuing to love unconditionally. 

Love, Your Best Friend

Abbie Carnes is a Junior at Grand Canyon University. She is an elementary education major and believes that learning is the key to success. She has a strong passion for writing, drawing, reading, and music. Even with her strong tendency to wander, God always directs her paths towards his goodness.