This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Fall has arrived and with it comes cooler temperatures, holiday breaks, and good vibes all around. Whether you’re a self-proclaimed gamer girl or just looking to pass the time while cozying up these next few months, here are a few games to consider playing this season.

Animal Crossing New horizons

A cult classic, the Animal Crossing games are sure to warm your heart. Animal Crossing New Horizons was an instant hit during its initial release over the Covid-19 lockdown, and it’s not too late to pick it up! In this game, you create a village on your own island, meeting cute Animal Crossing villagers and decorating it to your liking. There is no time constraint with ACNH, as you can pick it up and put it down whenever you’d like. The graphics and music make this game so relaxing! Animal Crossing New Horizons is available on Nintendo Switch, however there are older versions of the game available on other platforms as well.

stardew valley

Stardew Valley is similar to Animal Crossing New Horizons. In Stardew Valley, you have a farm space that you’re working on. Not only is this a farm simulator, but there are a plethora of storylines to follow as you meet each of the townsfolk. The simple graphics and adorable music make for a relaxing time! Stardew Valley is available on all devices, including your phone!

ooblets

Ooblets is a relatively new video game, released in 2020, that focuses on your character saving a town. In this game, there is a mixture of both farm-simulator elements and Pokemon elements as you collect little ooblets and battle them to progress in the story. This game is so goofy and fun! Ooblets is available on PC, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.

legend of zelda: breath of the wild

While getting into a well-renowned and long-standing video game series may sound daunting, Breath of the Wild is designed to be played by anyone, regardless of their knowledge of Zelda games. The playthrough is enjoyable, and the open-concept world and graphics are phenomenal. Playing Breath of the Wild is a great way to fill those lazy afternoon hours! Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is available on the Nintendo Switch.

unpacking

Unpacking is an extremely simple game. The object is to unpack boxes into a new home while uncovering the story of the life you’re unpacking, and the game is incredibly cathartic and low-effort. Unpacking is available on PC, Nintendo Switch, Playstation, and Xbox One.

Video games aren’t just for guys, women can play them too! Maybe some of the video games listed aren’t your cup of tea, but everyone can find a game they enjoy!

Hello! My name is Hanna Dixon and I'm double-majoring in Professional Writing and Digital Film Production. Some of my favorite things to do include reading good books, doing movie marathons with friends, painting, and going thrift shopping!