Style

Bows Are Trending, And Here’s How To Use Them

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Bows have been everywhere lately. From room decor to fashion items, bows are the cutest addition to every aspect of life. They come in various colors with different fabrics, lengths, patterns, and shapes; bows can be a very versatile accessory. There are many more ways to utilize your bows rather than just putting them in your hair (hair bows are super cute, though!). Here are eight ways to use bows to make things so much cuter!

fun hairstyles

As we all know, bows became popular by clipping up the sides of your hair and using a bow on the back of your head, which is totally adorable. But there are so many more ways to use bows in your hair. One way to style your hair with bows is by doing two braids on either side of your head and then putting bows on the bottom of each braid. Another way to use a bow in your hair could be on your ponytail or even doing bubble braids with bows. There are so many more ideas for bows in your hair. You can find so many more on Pinterest or TikTok.

bags

Another adorable way to utilize bows is to tie them to your bags. You can place them on both sides of your bag handles or even put them on only one handle or side of your bag. Bows look cute on any bag, like a tote, purse, or wallet. This is a perfect way to spice up any outfit, or you can even easily switch out the bows on your bags depending on certain outfits you’re wearing. Customizing your purses is easy because bows can come in many colors and sizes depending on your ribbon type.

Christmas tree

Most of us have seen the popular bow Christmas tree trend going around on TikTok. Incorporating bows into your Christmas decor is such a cute idea. You can easily swap out ornaments for bows or even use bows to fill in parts of your tree with ornaments. You can also pick a ribbon for your tree that will match the rest of your decor within your house.

shower curtain

Another fun way to use bows for home decor is by putting them on the hooks of your shower curtains. This is also a very popular trend on TikTok. It is the perfect feminine touch while also being inexpensive. A white shower curtain with pink satin ribbon would be adorable and would definitely brighten up any bathroom space.

shoes

Shoes like cowboy boots and Uggs can easily have a bow added to them using the loop on the side or back of the shoe. You can lace through your ribbon and tie a bow. This trend looks particularly cute by using different textures of ribbons like lace, satin, and velour all tied together, which can add a perfect layered look and give the bow more dimension. This can also be coordinated to match certain outfits or even added to your cowboy boots for game days to correlate with the school you attend.

cups

Adding ribbon to any mug handle, water bottle, or wine glass stem can be a cute addition to a party or everyday life. Drinking your morning coffee with a bow is so cute and such a vibe. Adding bows to your water bottles makes them look less boring. Tying the bow on a Stanley cup, Owala, or Hydroflask handle can make you look even more put together and extend your aesthetic into other aspects of your life.

room decor

Bows can be put anywhere, and I mean anywhere. Adding bows throughout your room can be a cute way to show your own personal style. For example, you can add bows to the handles of your dresser, empty spots on the wall, your mirror, a bulletin board, or a garland. The possibilities are literally endless. Everything looks so much cuter with a bow.

wrapping presents

Last, but not least, bows can look adorable when wrapping presents for Christmas or even a birthday. Bows add a cute touch to any wrapping paper and make the present look more presentable, but you can also tell the person you give the present to that it can double as a bow that they can use for anything they want! You can tie the ribbon into a bow and place it on the present or handle of a gift bag, or you can tie the ribbon around the present.

Overall, bows can be a great way to add your personal style into so many areas of your life to make just about anything look cuter!

Audrey Guy is a student at GCU majoring in Business Marketing and Advertising. When she is not in class or writing HerCampus articles you can find her in the gym while listening to Emma Chamberlains podcast, Rewatching Gilmore Girls, drinking a Chai Latte, or listening to Taylor Swift. Audrey loves writing about lifestyle, fashion, music, beauty, and more!