This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Finding the one – it is what we all want to happen in order to fulfill that sense of happiness that we all long for at some point in our lives. In the book, The Chase: Trusting God with Your Happily Ever After, Kyle and Kelsey Kupecky illustrate the true meaning of a good relationship and how waiting for ‘the one,’ is well worth the hardships of waiting. In this specific book that is filled with the best advice on waiting for the right one, they speak about the difficulties they have both faced from their perspectives of their own lives. Not only do they talk about their past relationships or their own stories, but they also talk about their own personal relationships’ with the Lord. In this day and age, it has become fairly difficult over time about the different ideals that some people hold when it comes to the so-called ‘relationship goals.’ Specifically throughout the book, Kyle and Kelsey manage to keep God as a focal point to creating this book aimed specifically to the younger audiences with hopes to inspire those that come across this read.

Throughout the book, they both switch off every chapter and give insight into their life from their own perspective and how they perceived different scenarios that had happened in their life and what they had learned from those specific experiences. They were able to create a learning environment for their audience to know that rushing into a relationship with your significant other is completely unnecessary. A lot of the times, relationships are portrayed an excessive amount of times on various social media platforms that has hundreds of thousands of people tuned in specifically to that big picture. Along with those ‘relationship goals’ that are represented in those posts that you see almost every day, they typically are not what they are pictured to be. Kyle and Kelsey formulate a different understanding of what a healthy relationship should look like versus what an unhealthy relationship looks like.

Pinterest

This book does an amazing job of giving advice to anyone that comes from different walks of life. It provides them with an understanding that allows them to see that there are upsides and downsides to waiting for the right person to come into your life. Kyle and Kelsey illustrate the trials and tribulations they had to experience when it came to working on their own relationship with each other. Their relationship happening was a prime example that you should not have to chase people in order to be happy in a relationship. The best things happen when you are least expecting it and in their case, they found it while they were pursuing their own lives and following a faithful path that incorporated God as a major foundation into the platform of their lives. They were able to take their experiences and turn them into lessons for their audience to learn about that chasing after God first will put them into the right position into their lives that can benefit and will make them happy at the end of the day.

Second year Elementary Education major who is obsessed with Dutch Bros. and watching sunsets at the beaches.