This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Nasty woman! When Donald Trump called Hilary Clinton a Nasty Women, eyes were rolled and women knew it was our time. In this third wave of feminism, we aren’t taking this as an insult. NEVER! We are using Donald Trump’s words to empower women of the twenty-first century. Nasty Women are confident women who strike fear into the heart of others when she takes action on a situation. By slogans, t-shirts and explaining why being called a Nasty Women is actually an awesome compliment. Not only are companies jumping on this, but companies also want to empower women to be their true selves. Hillary Clinton was called a “Nasty Woman”, why, you may ask? The answer is because she is the first woman to ever be chosen as the democratic candidate for presidency. Some think Donald Trump might be and feel threatened my Hilary and her supporters. Now, Voting for Hilary should never be solely because she is a women, it should be how and why she is the best fit to become the first female president of the United States.

Immigration and National security and Safety

Mrs. Clinton believes in keeping families together. How?  By helping undocumented citizens to becoming American citizens. She is focused on deporting only the undocumented citizens that are causing a threat to our country. Mrs. Clinton wants to stay strong with Syrian families in need and make sure all women and children are safe in the states. She is ready to make paths and help families become legal citizens. Since the president’s job is to keep Americans safe, her goal is to work with allies to take down ISIS. She acknowledges that we need professionals in intelligence to help make our country and world safe. This includes police having cameras on their uniforms, increasing substance abuse treatment centers and investing in education and job training.

Guns

This is huge, since the second amendment states “we have the right to bear arms”. With over 33,000 deaths from guns each year Mrs. Clinton wants to take on the Gun Lobby. To keep guns out of people who want to hurt themselves or others. She wants to make sure there’s are proper background checks given to citizens practicing their second amendment right. By having stronger background checks, we can start to wave out people who want to do damage to others. With domestic terrorism, she wants to make it more difficult to purchase guns. She believes in loopholes and having people who are already a threat to the United States should not be able to have or own a gun. This includes people on the no- fly list, people who seem or are mentally ill and criminals.

Education

Education, she believes every child should have access to a world class education and believes our education system is flawed. She wants to support teachers and school staff, to give them the proper resources to teach their students. Mrs. Clinton acknowledges that there should be fewer and fewer tests given to students. Mrs. Clinton believes college should be affordable for every student who wants to continue their education, she does not believe that a student must be in debt to have a proper education. Believing it takes a village to raise a child, Hilary believes America as a village has failed our children. Every child should be ready to attend a university or trade school if it’s their choice, this starts with closing the loopholes within the education system. Hillary Clinton is for the students; she believes that every child should have a world- class education and live to their God-given potential.