8 Arizona Dates to Enjoy this Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Cuffing season is coming. The next time your crush hits you with that infamous “IDK. What do you want to do?” text, please feel free to send this list of Arizona holiday activities their way.

1. Phoenix Zoolights

Each year, the Phoenix Zoo puts on a brilliant spectacle of holiday lights around a host of beautiful animals.  The zoo offers special value nights where tickets are sold below regular price. Enjoy looking at the lights and meeting animals from across the globe while snuggling up with your holiday honey.

1. Ice Skating

Even though we live in the desert doesn’t mean you can’t participate in this cold weather activity. From Westgate by the University of Phoenix Stadium to the Peoria Ice Rink, there are a variety of venues close to campus where you can enjoy this winter sport.

1. Fantasy of Lights Board Parade in Tempe

On December 9, 2017 the 18th Annual Tempe Boat Parade will arrive on Tempe Town Lake. Live music, delicious eats, and pictures with Santa Clause are only some of the highlights of this fantastic event. You and your crush can even feel the holiday cheer with a lovely fireworks display!

1. Lights of the World

Head to Downtown Phoenix to enjoy one of the nation’s largest light display! If animals are definitely not your thing, this is a prime alternative to seeing the Christmas lights at the Phoenix Zoo. Parking might be a hassle, but this expansive light display will definitely be worth the inconvenience.

1. Christmas Movie Night

A date doesn’t have to include going outside! Netflix and Hulu have a variety of holiday titles that will get you feeling ready to deck the halls this December. Eggnog and holiday cookies are definite snack essentials to make your cozy night in a success.

1. Volunteer

This holiday season you and your partner can enjoy giving back to the community together! Feed My Starving Children is one particular example that always fills my heart with the warm spirit of giving. Enjoy listening to upbeat music while packing food for individuals in other countries that might have otherwise gone hungry.

1. Arizona Snowbowl

In the mood for a day trip? Head to Flagstaff to enjoy a day in Arizona’s very own winter wonderland. If you’re not in the mood for skiing, there are plenty of areas for snowball fights, sledding, and other types of fun in the snow.  Your holiday crush will definitely love seeing you in your cute winter gear.

1. Handel’s Messiah

On December 6th, the Grand Canyon University Arizona will once again be filled with the glorious holiday tradition of a performance of Handel’s Messiah. It’s known to be an incredibly moving performance and you and your love can make a date out of it by enjoying some tasty eats at Canyon 49 before the performance.

More importantly, remember that this holiday season isn’t necessarily just about the fancy dates you might get to experience with your crush. Celebrate the spirit of giving by reminding your partner how grateful you are to have them and it’s sure to be a very merry holiday.

Current GCU sophomore and Health Care Admin student with a passion for all things Taco Bell. I'm a proud supporter of horses, messy hair, reality television, and being outside.