This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

You’ve probably heard of Fenty Beauty, a cosmetic line started by businesswomen and music icon, Rihanna Fenty.  Rihanna was inspired to create a makeup line after years of dealing with makeup products in her industry and seeing a lack of makeup designed for all skin types and tones.  Her goal for Fenty Beauty was “a makeup line “so that women everywhere would be included,” focusing on a wide range of traditionally hard-to-match skin tones, creating formulas that work for all skin types, and pinpointing universal shades”, as stated by the Fenty Beauty website.  These are the products that I have used and believe to work well; and will hopefully make you feel glamorous and confident!

1. Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer – $18

Super shiny lip glosses that come in three shades: Fenty Glow (nude), Fu$$y (pink), and Diamond Milk (pearl).  As someone who has all three and I can say I’m obsessed. I’m a lip gloss person and cannot go anywhere without lip gloss on.  I use the Fenty Glow gloss daily, as it is subtler and adds a natural color gloss to my lips. They are pretty pricey as far as lip glosses go, but they are a great purchase.

1. Pro Kiss’r Luscious Lip Balm – $18

This lip balm is amazing.  I also use this product daily.  It is super hydrating and adds a nice shine to the lips, kind of like a lip gloss but without all the sparkles and shimmer.  It works super well but does have an interesting smell, so it may not be the best for everyone. It almost smells like a cleaning product, and it took me by surprise; but once I got used to it, I loved it.

1. Pro Filt’r Hydrating Primer– $32

Fenty Beauty has three different types of face primers: Instant Retouch (for all skin types), Mattifying (for oily skin), and Hydrating (for normal to dry skin).  My skin type is a combination of oily and dry. In the morning, my skin is dry, and it is important to add moisture back into the skin, especially in the changing cold weather.  Primer is super important to set up the foundation and have a smooth canvas for all the other makeup products to go on. The hydrating primer is great at smoothing pores and moisture back into the skin.

1. Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter – $36

The most iconic shade out of Rihanna’s highlighters is Trophy Wife, the super glittery and pigmented gold highlight.  Whenever I wear it I feel bold and glowy. Many people know of this highlight and will ask me “Is that the Rihanna highlight?”  It is super pretty, and I highly recommend it. There are other shades of the highlight as well that are just as pretty if the gold is not your vibe.

1. Vivid Liquid Eyeliner Trio– $24

I am one to stick with a natural and safe makeup look.  I don’t really like to try new products and I like to blend in.  But sometimes it is fun to stand out and get out of your comfort zone and test new looks.  After watching the HBO show Euphoria, I wanted to start playing around more with makeup and my friend told me about these bold eyeliners.  There are three different sets that come with bright eyeliner colors like orange, pink, and yellow. The product is great, the colors are super pigmented, and the brush allows for easy applications.  Great product to spice up any look.

Hey! My name is Lauren. I am a communications major at Grand Canyon University. I just want to enjoy life and travel.
A sophomore Communications major at GCU who is passionate about Jesus, writing, watching Netflix, and taking long walks to the campus Chick-Fil-A.