5 Cheap Date Nights in Phoenix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Life is expensive, memories don’t have to be.

College is hard. College is expensive. Life is hard. Life is expensive. Dating is hard. Dating is expensive. There seems to be a pattern; how is it possible to have it easy and without a lot of cost? The answer is, you must be creative and classic. Whether you go to the top of the mountain or find yourself on railroad tracks, all you need is creativity and the ability to take adventure as it comes. If it’s a first date or even the 100th date, here  are a few options that are low in cost and high in memories.

1. Stargazing at South Mountain

Not only does it have a stunning view of the Phoenix area, but also the beauty of the night sky. Snuggle up in a cozy blanket, bring some hot cocoa and enjoy the combination of city and nature with your significant other. Gate’s are opened from 5 a.m.- 7 p.m. (although the trails themselves are open till 11 p.m.) Further information can be found at phoenix.gov

2. Tempe Town Lake

The lights dancing on the lake in Tempe sets the mood for a memorable walk or romantic stroll. Tempe’s Theater of the Arts is right on the edge of the lake, with a grassy area perfect for laying on, watching the planes from Sky Harbor fly by, and wishing on them as if they were shooting stars.

3. Burton Burr’s Central Library

The last place anyone wants to be after a week of midterms is at the library, but here me out. Adventure, romance, and fantasies beyond understanding are all found within the walls of the library. You can find a corner to snuggle up in with a book, play hide and go seek, pick out the most ridiculous books for one another to read can be found in the library. Did I mention it was free?

4. Glendale Glitter

It’s that season again! While the rest of the country is snuggling up with their fires and hot chocolate, Glendale, Arizona celebrates in a different way. Palm trees are lined down the walk ways to glimmer in the night. This giant block party invites live music, carriage rides down the road and more.

5. Random Railroads

Chandler, Arizona is just one of the random locations in the Phoenix area that have stray train carts that are perfect for photo opportunities. It’s a perfect location to make memories with friends or create adventures with someone special.

Hailing from the wondrous land of Colorado, I grew up with the aspiration of being a great Veterinarian. Senior year of high school I realized being a Vet would mean 12 more years of school. Currently I'm a senior at GCU and will be graduating with my Communication degree. The goal is to be a journalist who travels around the world writing articles, the reality surrounding me now is different, but full of surprises. Random adventures, the gym, anything outdoors, Netflix, coloring books, friends, family, and glorifying God are what gets me up in the morning.