This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Raise your hand if you have been personally victimized by the price of makeup and beauty supplies. Sorry, I just couldn’t resist a Mean Girls reference. But really, the prices of products I use in my daily beauty routine have left me saying “WTH.” As broke college girls, it is nearly impossible to afford all those awesome products featured by our favorite beauty gurus on YouTube and Instagram. $75 for a lipstick? No thank you. There’s a better solution than breaking the bank at MAC or Sephora; at home beauty hacks! Check out these 5 awesome hacks that are easy, inexpensive, and will leave you looking and feeling amazing.

1. Vaseline

Vaseline is at the top of this list because it is perhaps the best hack on the list. For around $3 you can purchase it at your local drugstore, Target, Walmart, etc. Hacks include using Vaseline as:

• Eye-makeup remover
  • Eyelash conditioner
  • Lip gloss
  • Rub on split ends between haircuts
  • Mix with lipstick to make blush
  • Soften cracked skin
  • Rub on pulse points before applying perfume to it make last longer

2. Apple Cider Vinegar

You may not think that apple cider vinegar can be used to enhance your beauty routine, however, many swear by this miracle in a bottle. It’s probably even hiding in your kitchen cabinet. Apple cider vinegar hacks include:

• Rinse your hair with it to prevent dandruff
  • Use as a de-tangler
  • Use as a toner
  • Apply to dark spots to correct hyperpigmentation
  • Gets rids of warts and skin tags

3. Coconut Oil

Coconut oil has exploded onto the beauty scene being used for many different purposes. Although you could probably spend a day and a half looking at all of the benefits of coconut oil on Pinterest, here are my top favorites:

• Use in place of shaving cream
  • Rub into nails and cuticles to strengthen them
  • Use as a conditioning treatment
  • Teeth whitening

4. Lemons & Acid Fruits

The acid that is in lemons and other acidic fruits work wonders. Slice some up and try these hacks! And don’t forget to throw a lemon in your vodka drink.

• Lemons can get rid of elbow discoloration
  • Use a slice of pineapple in the shower as a lotion in the shower
  • Mash up strawberry with baking soda and use it to whiten teeth
  • Mix lemon juice with water, spritz hair-free highlights.

5. Eggs

Eggs aren’t just good for yummy omelets. They are also making for your skin and hair. Egg hacks include:

• Use a full egg to make a hair mask
  • Egg whites for under the eyes to reduce puffiness
  • Make an egg white face mask to beat oily skin
President of the Her Campus Chapter at Grand Canyon University. I am a Senior at GCU majoring in Government. I love adventures, horses and Nutella!