3 Apps Every College Student Must Have

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Technology is around us all the time. When we go to class we are on our phone listening to music, when we stand in line for food we are usually scrolling through Instagram or Twitter. Our phone is our life line honestly. I would like to suggest some of my go to apps that are a must have while being in college. Give them a try who knows maybe you might just end of loving them too!1

1. Dropbox

If you use Dropbox you will no longer have to be afraid of loosing your notes, files, videos, or pictures. Thanks to Dropbox you can access things on your phone or online! If you store your files on Dropbox you can share with your friends, store your information and never have to worry about loosing anything ever again!

2. SelfControl

Self control is one of those apps that allows you to not get distracted. Be honest how many times were you ‘supposed to be doing homework’ but instead scrolled through Instagram for what you thought was 5 minutes but it was really an hour. With Self control those days of being non focused are gone. The app blocks certain websites and it has a timer you can use, so once that 12-page paper is done then you can go back to visiting your favorite websites.

3. Venmo

Have you ever caught yourself in the situation where you are at lunch with friends and there is always that one friend who never has cash? Well with Venmo it makes it really easy for friends to pay you back in these times. You get paid back without having to deal with cash. You can pay bills with Venmo also!

These are just three of my favorite apps that are a must have for me! College is such an exciting time in life why worry about silly things like money, loosing notes, and not being able to study when they’re apps that help make your life a whole lot easier!