What to Wear this Formal Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Ah, it’s that time of year again. Spring is in the air, the flowers are blooming, and suddenly you realize that formal that seemed so long ago is right around the corner. Yikes! Well, you’ve got the date, now what do you wear?

There are a lot of different options when it comes to formal attire. First, be sure to know what your formal’s theme is. Is it a masquerade? A Night in Paris? You need to have the theme in mind when searching for that perfect dress.

Here are a few examples to help you figure out what kind of dress is the one for you.

1. Short and sparkly

What girl doesn’t love some sparkles? With a dress that has a lot of glitter and glam, I suggest going light on the jewelry. You don’t want to blind your date with all that glitz.

2. Long and elegant

A long, flowy gown is the way to go for some ladies. I suggest an empire waist that flows out. It’s super flattering so you can eat and dance with no worries of a food bulge. Not cute.

3. The LBD

One can never go wrong with an Audrey Hepburn inspired little black dress. It is simple, goes with anything, and is timeless. You will look classy and elegant. Rock that dress, girl.

These are only a few suggestions. What is most important is to wear what makes you feel the most beautiful and comfortable. The rest will fall into place! 

Author of the Forget Me Not Trilogy. Drinker of too much coffee. Obsessed with all things French. Owner of pink, sparkly things. In love with Jesus!