This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

You can find anything on YouTube. A chimpanzee riding on a segway? Check. Hamster eating popcorn on a piano? Double check. Thousands of videos of babies laughing? Triple check. But one of my favorite things to watch on YouTube are makeup tutorials. My mom doesn’t wear makeup, so I struggled throughout middle school and high school with learning how to apply different things.

Does the concealer go on before or after foundation?

Why was my eyeliner always smudging and making me look like a raccoon at the end of the day?

What is contouring and how can I get my face to look like that?

How do I get my hair to curl like Taylor Swift’s?????

Too embarrassed to ask someone else, I desperately looked up all these things on the Internet. I learned how to use liquid eyeliner (I was scared of it before I tried it), how to blend eyeshadow, and how to French braid my hair thanks to YouTube. There are so many makeup and hair channels out there, so I thought I’d help you narrow it down to some of my top favorites (in no particular order).

1. Lauren Curtis (laurenbeautyy)

2. Karissa Pukas (saturdaynightsalrite)

3. Blair Fowler (juicystar07)

4. Michelle Phan (MichellePhan)

5. Zoe Sugg (zoella280390)

All of these women cover a variety of things on their channels. From makeup tutortials, to reviews of different beauty products, to clothes haulswhatever you’re looking for, you’ll be able to find it! The important thing to remember is that you are beautiful with or without makeup, and this is something all 5 of these ladies promote.

Tina is a senior English major at Georgia College, with a concentration in creative writing and a minor in French. She loves cats even though she is allergic to them, staying in bed all day and watching Netflix, and nail polish. She hopes that she will be a published author one day and also wants to teach college English. She is an active member of Kappa Delta Sorority (Eta Mu chapter), and green is her favorite color. You can follow her on twitter at @teenz_ng