This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

It’s October, and you know what that means? Spooky season is upon us, and fall is hopefully coming with it. In Georgia, the weather can be a little wishy-washy as to whether it wants to stick with the typical weather dynamic of the seasons changing. There is something special about October that really brings the temperature down, and it just really casts that spooky feeling. Whether or not the weather is going to give off that fall feel, we must rejoice in the fact that October is here. Correction, Spooktober is here, and the best day of the year is fast approaching!

“What day could that be?” You might be asking yourself. Why it’s the scariest, spookiest, most jovial time of the year: HALLOWEEN! We have 29 days until the big day, and we’ve got all month to try and get into the swing of things. Don’t fret if you are behind on decorations, stores have been selling fall and Halloween items since the end of August, because they know how important this season is.

If you are looking for ways to liven, or should I say frighten, up your wardrobe or house consider these ideas:

Invest in some fall colors.

Nothing says fall or Halloween quite like browns, yellows, oranges, and blacks. Whether you decide to cover your house in streamers, leaves, or spiders, any décor that you want to use to express your enthusiasm is the right way to go. It also doesn’t hurt to wear fall colors in your wardrobe non-stop. Of course, you don’t have to, but every now and again feel free to add some spook to your look.

via: giphy

Go pumpkin picking and have a carving party.

Pumpkins are very versatile items. They can be eaten, carved, painted, or essentially anything that you want to do with them. The first thing that you must do is pick a pumpkin. Grocery stores have them, pumpkin patches have them, your neighbor that for some reason grows pumpkins has them. All you have to do is obtain one. Once you’ve gotten your pumpkin from there, the rest is up to you. I recommend having a carving party. That way you and your friends, or family, have a variety of pumpkins that you can showcase to your neighbors how excited you are for the season.

via: giphy

Invest in props.

Nothing says that you are ready for the spooky fall season like props! Scarecrows, ghosts, hay, and string lights are all great starts to props. Although it may not seem like the traditional prop, music will definitely be a factor in spreading the spooky spirit. A little bit of “The Monster Mash” here, the score to Halloween there, and you are ready to go.

via: giphy

Regardless of how you decide to spend Spooktober, make it one that will last and be the best Spooktober you have ever had. Be safe, have fun, and enjoy Halloween when it gets here!

Mariah is a senior psychology major, who has aspirations to work in the library science field. She enjoys listening to music and making playlists, playing board games, and crafting. She enjoys writing for Her Campus because it gives her the chance to share unconventional articles that would otherwise not be published, while at the same time promoting female empowerment.