Sean Noah: Man of Influence

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.
Sean Michael Noah is a fifth-year mass communication major. I’ve known him for three years now, and even though we’re not close, he’s always happy to see me. Whenever I bump into him, he’s quick to offer a genuine smile and outstretched arms, prepared for a hug. Then again, Sean approaches everyone that way. He’s one of the friendliest people I know.

Sean and I met at an audition some years back. Since then, he’s participated in several theatre productions, so you might recognize him from his turns on the stage. In addition, Sean is a massive anime fan. If you’re into anime, you’ve most likely talked to him about it before. When asked what he was passionate about Sean replied, “Karmen Rider/Super Sentai.” Anime, see? What did I tell you?

In addition to watching anime, Sean admits to partaking in some guilty pleasures: a few of which, he says, are romantic comedies. When he isn’t watching movies or catching up on television, Sean runs around campus making friends. He’s funny, approachable, and he can lick his own elbow (gross, but impressive).

This self-proclaimed “super-duper senior” has some choice words of advice about life and college. When I ask what’s the best advice that Sean has ever received, he says, “Do what you love for a living and it won’t feel like work.” This philosophy is one that he plans to adopt after graduating from college. About college, he says, “[I wish more people knew] that you are going to change and grow so quickly and that you’re going to hang out with different people every semester.” He’s speaking from experience. 

Before our interview, I knew that Sean Noah was awesome. He’s a fantastic guy who has the rare ability to light up a room and make everyone feel welcome. After our interview, I can say without a doubt that Sean is one amazing guy. If great power does indeed come with great responsibility, then Sean’s influence on campus has earned him a long list of obligations.