Podcasts: There’s one for everyone.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Recently, by sheer accident, I have rediscovered the world of podcasts. Due to my wide array of interests and my absolute need to know everything about everything, I have found a plethora of amazing shows. Here are a few of my favorites that I highly recommend.

Title: Another Round

With: The Late Show with Stephen Colbert writer Heben Nigatu and Buzzfeed writer Tracy Clayton

Produced by: Buzzfeed

Heben and Tracy are truly a blessing. They discuss all things gender, race, pop culture, and just everyday life. Some of my favorite episodes include their interviews with Hamilton writer Lin-Manuel Miranda, comedian Hannibal Buress, and Obama advisor Valerie Jarrett. The ladies are extremely hilarious and brilliantly creative. I feel like I’m hanging out with friends whenever I listen to their show.

Title: Wait Wait….Don’t Tell Me!

With: screenwriter and actor Peter Sagal 

Produced by: NPR and WBEZ Chicago

I have been listening to WWDTM for years on Saturday mornings in the car with my parents. However, since I moved away for college and I am usually asleep at the time of the actual airing of each episode, this podcast has been a lifesaver. The weekly game show features a panel of comedians, writers, and personalities along with a special celebrity guest. The panel and callers are asked a series of news related questions pertaining to events that have happened that week. The show is sure to be hysterical each week and is especially enjoyable for fellow news junkies.

Title: The Axe Files

With: political analyst and former Obama Chief Strategist David Axelrod

Produced by: CNN and the University of Chicago Institute of Politics

Even though this podcast my sound like it is a political and left wing as it gets, it actually is more than that. Axelrod interviews all kinds of different important people in politics, the media, etc. For example, most recently he interviewed White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer and journalist Carl Bernstein, who is best known for uncovering the Watergate story. Every discussion is extremely interesting and insightful.  A few of my favorites are his discussions with former President Barack Obama, CNN commentator Van Jones, comedian Jon Stewart, and journalist Katie Couric. 

Title: Homecoming

With: actresses Catherine Keener and Amy Sedaris and actors Oscar Isaac, David Schwimmer, and David Cross

Produced by: Gimlet Media

This podcast is a little different than the others. Homecoming has the feel of an old fashioned radio drama, acted out by some pretty well-known actors. The show is very immersive and thrilling. It’s somewhat hard to explain, but if you love psychological thrillers, you’ll love this one.

Title: This American Life

With: radio personality Ira Glass

Produced by: NPR

Another NPR show that I miss because I don’t own a radio, This American Life is something I grew up listening to. Each episode discusses a particular theme and features essays and memoirs from different people. The show usually discusses current events as well as particular elements of human nature. It is always fascinating and never disappoints.