samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Pains of Group Projects

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Ahh group projects. Officially the bane of my existence. I’ll take any other form of assessment just don’t partner me with the three biggest morons in this class. We all know group projects are the worst and here’s why. 

You hardly ever get to choose your partners. More often than not, your professor assigns your group-mates. Of course, they’re never competent students. They’re the kids that haven’t been to class since syllabus week, or they’re just not the brightest apples in the bunch. 

There is never time to meet. Unlike in high school, where we had study hall built into our day, an entire period devoted to working on group projects, in college there is no time given to work on assignments in class. So, you have to find time where all of your partners can meet outside of class. Which is nearly impossible. With everyone’s conflicting schedules, you’ll be lucky if you’re meeting your group before midnight. 

As a result of the lack of time in which all members can meet, one person inevitably gets stuck doing all of the work. If you’re anything like me, then that person is you. Sorry. That’s the way it always happens. 

Good luck on all of your group project endeavors this semester! 

Lindsey Poe is a Senior English Literature major, Spanish minor here at Georgia College. She loves coffee, Pinterest, peach rings, House M.D., and late night easy mac. In her free time she enjoys taking naps, reading, crafting, and stalking adoptable dogs online. You can follow her on Instagram @linzpoe.