Olivia Meeks: A Creative Cutie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Major: English- Creative Writing; Minor: Dance

Year: Junior

Hometown: Newnan, GA

What clubs/organizations are you in and what are your leadership positions in them?

Chi Tau Epsilon, Dance Honor Society – Philanthropy Chair; Peacock’s Feet Journal – Nonfiction Editor

What inspires you most?

For writing and choreography, it’s both inspired by relationships with people. And I don’t mean in the categorical sense, like whether or not you’re friends or dating or in love. I mean how do two personalities, in two very different people (because everyone is very different from each other) interact and mesh cohesively. It’s constant research to me. 

What would you say is your fashions sense/style?

Some days, classy grunge. Others, I get my stuff together and go for a vintage feel but with modern trends, especially with my accessories. 

What advice would you give to anyone on how to enjoy their college experience?

Get involved! Find where you can do what you love and you’ll find people who love to do the same. Before you know it, you’ll have a family. 

Do you have any hobbies?

I just want to dance! On the studio, on the stage, making dances, or being taught dances, all of it. 

Favorite travel destination and why?

Seattle! I’ve been there twice. My favorite extended family members live there, and the town is friendly, busy, and there’s always a quiet spot when you need one. It has enough to keep you busy, but enough libraries, coffee shops, and museums to tell you the world still needs to go slow.  

What has been your most enlightening experience in college? What will you take away from your experience?

Working a part-time job has been a huge help to me. Not just financially, but very quickly I learned to prioritize and time manage. Now I have some money on the side to hang out with my friends outside of class, but I have to be smart about when I do. I work at a local coffee shop, which has some obvious perks (caffeine), but I also love the atmosphere and the small staff. 
Author of the Forget Me Not Trilogy. Drinker of too much coffee. Obsessed with all things French. Owner of pink, sparkly things. In love with Jesus!