This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Music Midtown is a yearly music festival in Atlanta, GA. This year, the headliners were Kendrick Lamar, Imagine Dragons, Post Malone, and Fall Out Boy. However, the artist that stood out the most was young performer Billie Eilish. Eilish grew up in Los Angeles, California, with a family of talented musicians. Her brother now plays piano for her band as well as making his own music. Her first hit “Ocean Eyes” was recorded in 2015, and she quickly rose to stardom.

Photo via:redbull

Music Midtown was swept away by Billie Eilish’s killer performance and catchy hits. The singer-songwriter is known for songs like “You Should See Me in a Crown” and “Lovely,” which feature the popular artist Khalid. Billie’s career is only beginning with a mere 14 songs on Spotify. However, at age 16 that is quite an accomplishment. She is even receiving praise from other top celebrities like Jared Leto, the lead singer of Thirty Seconds to Mars. Leto even invited Eilish on stage to sing one of her songs during his concert block at the festival. Billie has recently helped other artists such as Denzel Curry write his latest hits and is currently touring as the opening act for Florence + the Machine. If you are looking to see more from Eilish, she’ll be back in Atlanta this November 9th.

Photo via: music midtown

Other talents at the festival included the likes of Khalid, Lovely the Band, Gucci Mane, Kacey Musgraves, Janelle Monáe, and Portugal. The Man. The two-day festival targets all musical tastes by playing four stages of music at a time. Each year the festival breaks its latest attendance record. This year, Piedmont Park was packed with a crowd of 80,000.

The next Music Midtown will be September of 2019 in Piedmont Park with even bigger talents and an even bigger crowd!

Sydney is a writer for Her campus at Georgia College. She is studying biology, and has a strong interest in women's health.