timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Love Letter to Coffee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

In college, relationships come and go, but there has always been one constant lover in my life who has never left my side.

That lover’s name is Coffee. 

Most of us drink coffee daily and rely on it for some reason or another, but I feel that it’s time to take a moment to express our deep love and admiration for coffee and all that it continues to do for us.

Photo by Mallory Haynes

Coffee,

Thank you for your constant love and support. When I wake up in the morning, fearful and anxious of my full day ahead, you are there to warm my hands and give me comfort. The second I take a sip of you, an overwhelming sense of calm comes over me, and I am reminded that with you, I can tackle any obstacle that this day throws at me. You stick with me throughout the day, and if that first cup in the morning just was not enough, you are always there for an afternoon pick-me-up.

No matter if you’re hot or iced, black or packed with cream and sugar, you are there to help me through anything. Whether it’s pulling an all-nighter to cram for a test or to write that essay I procrastinated until the last minute, trying to rally for an 8a.m. class after a Thursday night out, or trying to stay awake for a long drive home from school, you have been there to keep me lively. Without you, I am not sure that I would be able to function as a human being. I know that I will always be able to rely on you for confidence, energy, positivity and overall human-ness. 

So for everything you do for me, Coffee, thank you. I will always love you. 

Love,

Mallory (along with all other collegiates)

Photo by Mallory Haynes

Her Campus GCSU Campus Correspondent. Senior Mass Communication major with a focus in Journalism. Cat mom, writer, avid concert-goer, iced coffee addict.