This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Lindsey Poe is someone that will be remembered for years down the road here at Georgia College, or at least she will be to me, and the others that she has crossed paths with. I have had the honor of working with Lindsey as a Community Advisor in Adams Hall this school year. It has been a tremendous amount of fun, and I can only hope to become the CA that is Lindsey Poe. Now is your chance to get to know who Lindsey is, just a little from this profile.

HC: Why did you decide to attend Georgia College?

LP: During my first tour of Georgia College, I just fell in love with the campus. Something about GC felt like home and I knew I wanted to go to school here.

HC: What is your major? Why did you decide to choose that major

LP: I’m an English Literature major. I actually started out as a Biology major with the intentions of becoming a veterinarian. I spent the summer of my Sophomore year working in a clinic and decided it wasn’t for me; life is too short to do something you hate. So, I spent the fall semester thinking about what I truly enjoy and I gravitated toward English. It’s been the best decision I could’ve made.

HC: How are you involved are Georgia College campus? What made you want to get involved with these activities?

LP: I work with NRHH to provide opportunities for recognition here at Georgia College. Nothing warms my heart more than someone being acknowledged for their hard work and through my membership in NRHH people all over campus are recognized for their contributions. In addition, I am an active member of Circle K, the collegiate version of Kiwanis Club. I have a passion for volunteerism and I love goofing off with the other members of our small club. I am also a Community Advisor at Georgia College. My freshman year I became enamored with the idea of being a CA. I had a desire to be a positive force at Georgia College and through my relationships with my residents, I could impact the incoming students, hopefully for the better.

HC: What do you want to do after graduation?

LP: Sleep, mostly. Ha! No, I honestly want to be able to express my love for literature and the written word while also utilizing the writing skills I have amassed during my tenure at Georgia College. That is to say, I don’t know. As long as I am working at something I enjoy, I’ll be happy. Which is all that really matters to me.

HC: Have you received any honors/ awards since you’ve been at Georgia College? If so, how did you feel?

LP: I was recently presented with the CA of the year award, which was unexpected, to say the least. I feel so honored that someone thought that I deserved this recognition and I cannot express my gratitude enough. Being a CA is a difficult job and I honestly think everyone deserves to be CA of the year.

HC: What is your most fond memory during your college years?

LP: For me, I remember the relationships I’ve forged more than the memories. I reminisce about my time at Georgia College and appreciate the friends I’ve made along the way.

HC: What do you like to do in your free time?

LP: Well, I love to read and I spend way too much time watching YouTube videos. I also craft quite a bit. I like to think of myself as a talented DIYer, but in reality, I’m pretty sure I just have a Hobby Lobby addiction.  

HC: Do you have any advice for the current students of Georgia College?

LP: I would just say appreciate your time. While I don’t agree with the notion that college will be the best four years of your life, it does go by far too quickly. I almost can’t believe I’m graduating in twenty-three days. It feels like I was just moving in yesterday. (Annnnnnd now I’m crying.) Seriously though, make the most of your time as a semi-adult: say yes to hanging out with friends, participate in the plethora of activities happening on campus, and find adventure in what Milledgeville has to offer. Don’t look back with regret.

HC: If you could travel back in time to before you were in college, what would you do differently?

LP: I wouldn’t change a thing. That’s so cheesy and I’m being that person, but my college experience has shaped me into who I am today. If I did things differently I wouldn’t be where I am today, with some of the best friends of my life with all of the craziest stories to tell.

HC: Is there anything else you would like to share with Her Campus?

LP: Thank you for choosing to interview me! I feel very honored.

Now that you have gotten the chance to learn more about the fabulous lady, that is Lindsey Poe, I hope you have realized how great she truly is! I encourage you to say hello to Lindsey if you see her around campus and maybe get to know her a little in this last weeks of school!

Mariah is a senior psychology major, who has aspirations to work in the library science field. She enjoys listening to music and making playlists, playing board games, and crafting. She enjoys writing for Her Campus because it gives her the chance to share unconventional articles that would otherwise not be published, while at the same time promoting female empowerment.