kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Last Month of School As Told by Disney

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Let’s be real – the last month of school is rough. We are all bogged down, sleep-deprived, not looking our sharpest, and just DONE. If only we could go back to a simpler time… Well, we can’t completely avoid these last few weeks of school, but we can turn to the comfort of Disney in this trying time. Disney always understands. (Truer words have never been spoken, Sebastian).

At first, you’re all super duper excited. Ohemgee there’s a month left of school?? Summer is just around the corner!! I can taste the lemonade and sunshine and freedom! It’s going to be glorious and magical – no doubt. As Rapunzel would say, “THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!”

This excitement is immediately followed by a panic attack of some degree. ONE MONTH??? One month to get my grades where I want, finish all these things, and pull my entire life together?! No. It can’t be done. Why do they expect this of me? No. Just no. 

Your panic attack and anxiety is not at all helped by the fact that your teachers are now choosing to assign ALL the projects, papers, tests, reading assignments, and pop quizzes in these last few, short weeks and ALL at the same time. It’s got to be an evil scheme plotted against us. (cue maniacal laughter alongside a thunder machine)

Extreme exhaustion sets in. You’ve been pulling all nighters (even saying the word night is a joke now because we no longer know what that means) to try to do all the work you’ve been given, but you just can’t even anymore. Everything just takes so much effort. 

This incredible exhaustion overwhelming your body means that you must take approximately four and a half naps a day. Sometimes you and your friends just ‘hang out’ by getting together and taking naps (true story). 

After being awakened from your slumber, you figure you might should try to tackle the books again. But when did we even learn this stuff? Did we learn this stuff? Pretty sure I’ve never seen any of this before. 

Between the exhaustion, crazy amounts of work you should be doing, and the fact that you can’t remember how any of it works, you are 5000% likely to cry randomly and rather often during these last few weeks. Just as Kuzko’s sadness and time of being a llama passed, this will too – fear not.  

It’s way too easy to turn to food for comfort in times like these. Eating your feelings is the next logical stage of this spiral down the rabbit hole. 

Whether your realize it or your friend smacks some sense into you, it is now that you pull yourself together (I hope you all hear Edna Mode’s voice when reading that). Take a moment to stretch, crack your knuckles, and get down to business. You so got this.

LOL. That lasted like two seconds, right? Screw it. It’s the last month of school, I’m smart. It’ll all be okay. No bothers given here. 

After all your hard work (all ten minutes of it), you have so earned a break. Hakuna Matata, my friends. It means no worries. 

You and your friends decide to make the most of the little time you have left together in good ole MillyVegas. Time to celebrate, bust a move, get jiggy with it, and turn down for what (literally nothing). 

I’m sorry, what? It’s finals week? No. You must be looking at your calendar wrong. Holy cannoli, it’s FINALS WEEK. What have I done?? I am SO bringing dishonor to myself, my family, and my cow at this point. Crap.

Well, it’s test time. Here’s hoping for the best. Maybe it won’t be so bad. 

As every good Disney movie tells us, everything will miraculously work out and everyone will live happily ever after. Optimism at its finest. 

The semester is coming to an end, you’re packing up your things, and reminiscing on all the memories made this school year. Get the gang together for one last hoorah and a slightly dramatic and emotional (but in a completely justified way) goodbye. Wear waterproof mascara, ladies. And don’t worry, you can stay in touch through road trips, Skype sessions, good ole snail mail, and the most embarrassing of snapchats all summer long.

Anddddd that’s it! Cue the fireworks, the grand swell of outro music, and let’s bust this joint! It’s summer 2K15 people! This summer is OUR happy ending, Bobcats! 

Charis Andrews is an early childhood education major, psychology minor at Georgia College & State University. She is greatly looking forward to her days as a kindergarten teacher. She loves photography, Pinterest, glitter, coffee, Jesus, nail polish, and finding new great shows to binge watch (recommendations, anyone?). You can follow her on Instagram at @charisandrews