Julia Dimitrov: Historic Tennis Player

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

This past year, Julia Roudkovskaya Dimitrov was one of three Georgia College athletes inducted into the Peach Belt 2016 Hall of Fame Class. Before being recognized by the Peach Belt Conference, Julia was inducted into the Georgia College Athletics Hall of Fame in 2006.

Dimitrov played tennis for Georgia College from 1999-2002 and was considered as one of the dominant players in the PBC. During her time playing for Georgia College, Dimitrov was named a four-time All-American. Dimitrov is only one of twelve PBC women’s tennis players to be named as an All-Conference performer for all four years she played.

During her 2000 season, Dimitrov finished as No. 17 in the nation for singles and No. 3 in doubles with her partner Lilia Biktyakova. In that year, Dimitrov also won the ITA regional singles championship.  Throughout her career, Dimitrov was a three-time ITA/Rolex doubles champion.

As far as her post-tennis life, Dimitrov seems to have settled down and raised a family. She has a husband and two young children. We wish her well in all of her endeavors, and as always “Go Bobcats!”

Shelby Smith is an English major with a concentration in creative writing at Georgia College & State University. She hopes to write the next great American novel one day while becoming a #girlboss. Shelby loves Pinterest, hedgehogs, organizational supplies, and has a mild obsession with makeup. You can follow her on Instagram @shelbysmilege.