you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Jordan Ivy: Computer Science Cutie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

What is your year?

I’m a Junior.

Major?

Computer Science.

Hometown?

Cordele, GA.

Are you involved in any clubs or organizations?

Currently none, but I will be inducted into Sigma Tau Delta this semester!

What career are you planning on after graduation?

I’m currently working on my Computer Science degree, which consists of a lot of coding and programming, but I’d like to find a career that’s more design-oriented. Webpage design, graphic design. I would love anything along those lines.

What inspires you the most?

My friends. Seriously, I am friends with some of the most driven, intelligent people, and watching them become successful in their fields of study is my biggest motivation.

How would you describe your style?

I’ve never really considered myself stylish, to be honest. It’s never been a priority of mine. Most days, you can count on at least one article of clothing I have on to be from Goodwill. I’m cheap, but I guess discount shopping has become trendier, thanks to that annoying song (you know the one).

What’s the best advice you could give anyone on how to enjoy college?

I’d say, make sure to get your schoolwork out of the way first before you seek entertainment. Seriously, one of my biggest downfalls is shirking my responsibilities in favor of having fun, and it’s really hard to have a good time when you are thinking about that assignment you still haven’t done. Budget your time wisely.

What are some of your hobbies?

I really like drawing. I am trying to get the hang of digital art in my spare time. Video games, too. Can’t forget those.

What’s your favorite travel destination? When did you go?

I haven’t traveled enough to have a favorite destination, but I got to visit Portland, Maine in the summertime a few years ago, and it was beautiful!

What do you like to do in your spare time?

Drawing, video games, reading…

What has been your most enlightening experience in college? What will you take away from your college experience?

This semester is the first semester that I am taking senior-level courses, and I’ve always worried that I wouldn’t be able to hold my own in those classes, but I’ve gotten some really positive feedback from my professors, and that’s been very enlightening for me. I think, more than anything, I will take away that validation from college—that I am good enough to go places in life.

I frequent social media sites and adore corgis. People say I'm addicted to the internet. (It's kinda true.) I'm a graduate of GCSU.