This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

I get it, college is hard. I live in a constant state of ulcer-inducing stress. Over the years I’ve amassed a few tips on how to de-stress your life, so hopefully these will help you as you finish this semester! 

1)  Clean your room!

If you’re stressed you might think that you don’t have the time to clean, but if you take the time to organize your living space your mind will lose some of its clutter too! Don’t think it has to be a massive overhaul either. Just a quick tidy should at least alleviate some of the stress. So pick up your dirty laundry, take out the trash, and light a scented candle. You’d be surprised, but I live by this when I’m feeling overwhelmed.

2) Get some physical activity!

Another way to relieve some of that stress is to throw a dance party for one! Or take it to the gym. Find some way to express your frustrations through physical activity. In fact, Georgia College offers quite a few exercise classes. You don’t have to think about what you’re doing; you just let the instructors tell you what to do while also working off your stress in a fun, healthy way. 

3) Try Meditation!

Meditation also helps me clear my mind after a long day. It may seem silly or embarrassing, but I promise it helps. There are a ton of guided meditations you can just look up on YouTube. All you have to do is sit down, plug in, and let the meditation guide take your mind off of your planner. 

5) Treat yo self!

I know after the infamous Parks and Recreation episode we quote this like gospel, but it actually works. Whether that looks like a quick shopping spree, an hour long shower, an entire pint of ice cream, or a face mask and jammies, just reward yourself. You’re working hard, and you deserve some “me time.”

All in all, just know that you will get through this. Treat your body right, drink lots of water, take care of yourself, and you’ll make it through. Also, pro-tip: stay away from energy drinks. Just trust me on this one, they’ll mess you up. 

Lindsey Poe is a Senior English Literature major, Spanish minor here at Georgia College. She loves coffee, Pinterest, peach rings, House M.D., and late night easy mac. In her free time she enjoys taking naps, reading, crafting, and stalking adoptable dogs online. You can follow her on Instagram @linzpoe.