The Hippest Cutie: Alexis Haggerty

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Full Name: Alexis Haggerty

Hometown: Warner Robins, GA

Year: Junior

Age: 20

Major: Mass Communication

Minor: Photography, Nonprofit Management

Clubs/Organizations: Gamma Sigma Sigma, Nonprofit Leadership Student Alliance

Relationship Status: “I’ve been with Mattypoo 2 and half years.”

Why are you a Mass Communications major?Because Nonprofit Management isn’t a major at Georgia College. Working with nonprofit companies either in a communications field or with photography would be ideal.

What food would you want to eat forever and ever without any physical ramifications?Hot and sour soup, but that’s more a lifestyle choice. Also, cheese pizza. Forever.

What’s your favorite color?Mustard.

Where could someone find you on a typical Friday afternoon?In my bed spooning my dog, Napoleon.

So I hear Napoleon’s photos on Instagram are kind of a big deal.Yes. He is sort of famous and the best dog in the world. He has his own designated hanging area in my closet with a space for his headwear including an astronaut outfit, lumberjack beard, and triceratops headpiece.

As a photography minor, could you share any Instagram tips?Always use natural light and tone down your filters.

Weirdest memory?“I was in Yellowstone and was driving a snowmobile. I had just gotten my license and I hit a snowbus that was bringing people into the park. I had to go in a snow ambulance to the next state over to a hospital but there were bison in the way. A year later, I found out I was in the paper. Still the best vacation of my life, to be honest.

Cat enthusiast, iced coffee addict, and strong believer in the Oxford comma.