Hali Minter: Annual Giving Coordinator

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Hali Minter may not be new in Milledgeville, but she is a new face around the GCSU campus. I have the pleasure of working with Hali and got her to slow down and answer some questions about her job and favorite things about Milly!

Her Campus: Where did you graduate from and what was your major?

Hali Minter: I graduated from the University of Georgia with a major in Human Development and Family Science.

HC: What do you do here on campus?

HM: I am the Coordinator of Annual Giving with University. I oversee the Phonathon program for University Advancement, as well as serve as the key staff person for the direct mail campaign each semester.

HC: How did you come to work at GCSU?

HM: I originally grew up here, and I am taking time off between undergrad and law school. I wanted to gain experience while working in a fun, impactful environment and was given the opportunity to work at GCSU, and I could not be happier.

HC: What is your favorite part about working at GCSU?

HM: I really enjoy how close -knit GCSU is as a campus. I have felt welcome here since day one, and I am incredibly thankful to have the opportunity to be an active member of such a great department.

HC: Where is your favorite place to eat in Milledgeville?

HM: Kai Thai

HC: Walmart or Kroger?

HM: KROGER, hands down.

HC: What is the last song you listened to before this interview?

HM: Drag Me Down by One Direction…. No shame.

HC: What is your favorite TV show to binge watch?

HM: Parenthood

HC: How do you feel about the Starbucks Red Cup controversy?

HM: I believe there are bigger things to worry about than a red beverage container.

HC: Do you have any advice for the students of GCSU?

HM: Making connections is far more advantageous than you think. Make it a priority to stay in touch.

Well said, Hali.

Shelby Smith is an English major with a concentration in creative writing at Georgia College & State University. She hopes to write the next great American novel one day while becoming a #girlboss. Shelby loves Pinterest, hedgehogs, organizational supplies, and has a mild obsession with makeup. You can follow her on Instagram @shelbysmilege.