Emily Davis: Campus Celeb

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Emily Cuèllar Davis

(If you’ve met her downtown, you might know her as Demily Avis.)

~ Pictured Above is Emily kayaking in a friends living room. ~

Age: 21

Year: Senior

Major: Mass Communications

Minor: Theatre & Business Administration

Campus Activities:

Emily is the Publicity Committee Chair of Braveheart, a student organization that fights interpersonal power based violence.

On Thursday nights, you can find her on stage in the basement at Blackbird. She is a member of the Improv troupe here on campus, a club dedicated to making people laugh.

If she’s not on the stage at Blackbird, she might be there drinking coffee behind a laptop becasue she writes a story every week for the The Colonnade, the student newspaper.

Hometown: Kennesaw, Ga

Likes: Weird people, biscuits, sweaters, and her seven dogs.

(Here’s 5 of them..)

Dislikes: Smelly people, large crowds, pickles, and The Big Bang Theory.

HC: How did you get into improv?

“My friend, Elaine, did improv and I also knew the president, Evan, so I was familiar with the improv crowd. I always wanted to try it but was too nervous. But one time, I did some improv at a party and everyone laughed and told me it was really funny, so I started going to practices and I really enjoyed it! I was in my first show last year.”

HC: What do you like most about improv?

“There’s a lot more to it than getting on stage and being funny. It’s cool because you use a different part of your mind and that’s taught me a lot. It’s made me more comfortable in situations when I don’t have plan and I’ve learned a lot about life and how to talk to people. Plus it’s just really fun!”

HC: Tell me about the last book you read and Movie/TV show you watched?

“Well, the thing is, I start a lot of books and I don’t finish them. The most recent book I started was “Walk Across America,” It’s really good and I like it. But, I don’t remember the last book I finished. I really got into this show, Once Upon A Time over Fall break. It’s not that great, but I love it! I like to watch really crappy TV shows that are still entertaining.”

HC: What does your typical Friday night look like?

“I’m either really social or really antisocial. I’ll either go to Buffs and have a few drinks with my friends and hang out all night. Or I’ll just stay in with my roomies, watch a movie and be in bed by 10. It just depends.”

HC: What’s something not a lot of people know about you?

“I can do a cartwheel… kind of. Oh, wait, I have a better one. I’m in a local car dealership commercial.” 

I'm just a goofball spending money I don't have on sonic grilled cheeses.