A Day in The Life of a GC Squirrel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

If you ask anyone here at Georgia College how our squirrels are (I’m not sure why you would, but just go with it), they would tell you that our squirrels are the best campus squirrels around. They like to take walks beside you on your way to class, they provide some free lawn entertainment, and they give the front lawn some character. Any squirrel who doesn’t run away as fast as you can say acorn when you approach them is a good squirrel. 

Here is what one of our fabulous campus squirrels does in a day. 

1. Good morning, Milledgeville. It’s time to go out and find that damn acorn this little squirrel buried a few days ago……..

2.  Got it. Now gotta bring it to the children. And then repeat the process until the sun goes down. 

3.  After a long day of gathering acorns and then hiding them and then forgetting where he put them….it’s time for bed. Goodnight, Millegeville. 

This is what our squirrels do in a day. They’re obviously VERY special. 

Emily W. Hinely is a freshman Mass Communications and French double major. She aspires to be a beauty director for a well-respected magazine one day. She loves all things beauty & style. And cats..don't forget cats.